There's Something About That Name

This is where you can post a request for a hymn search (to post a new request, simply click on the words "Hymn Lyrics Search Requests" and scroll down until you see "Post a New Topic").

Post by Guest » Thu May 22, 2008 5:52 pm

I have a friend who is with Jesus now who used to have this song in his ministry. He did not sing it as much as speak it in part with other songs together. No matter how often I heard it he brought tears to my eyes. What a blessing this song has been and today he is singing it to Jesus. Great forum thanks all.

Post by Guest » Sat May 31, 2008 12:36 am

please send me the spoken words of this song with the lines that said broken home has mended with the name of Jesus, something like that about broken homes
Thanks
SUSANBRYANT

Post by SUSANBRYANT » Mon Jun 09, 2008 2:32 pm

this is NOT THE WORDS, TO JESUS, JUST THE MENTION OF YOUR NAME.. THAT IS THEIR IS SOMETHING ABOUT THAT NAME... THESE ARE TWO COMPLETELY DIFFERENT SONGS. I HAVE HEARD : JESUS, JUST THE MENTION OF YOUR NAME, AND I AM THINKING IT IS BY JIMMY SWAGGERT. IT IS THE MOST BEAUTIFUL SONG YOU WILL EVER HEAR. I JUST WISH I COULD FIND THE CORRECT WORDS TO IT. IF ANYONE KNOW IS.. PLEASE LET ME KNOW THANKS.
sectiondfan

Post by sectiondfan » Mon Jun 09, 2008 5:10 pm

Is this it?

Jesus Just the Mention of Your Name

Jesus Just the mention of your name Flowers grow and the desert blooms again

Like Fire in winter cold, like few precious gold Jesus Just the Mention of Your Name

Like a lighthouse is to a sailor in the midst of a midnight storm, he's like a harbor to an old ship

That's been battered and torn, and he's bread to an empty and starving heart, and he's running water

To a souls heart, Jesus Just the Mention of Your Name.

Jesus Just the mention of your name
©jimmy swaggart 1984

Post by Guest » Tue Oct 14, 2008 2:34 am

I sang "There's Something About That Name" at my friends' fathers funeral years ago. I haven't heard from her in ages and recently got an email from her remembering me doing that...and saying how she cried and will never be able to thank me enough for singing it. I could remember the words but not the part that was spoken, so I send my thanks to the person that sent those words into this site. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
Bonnie

Post by Guest » Sat Dec 27, 2008 11:59 pm

Here is a part I added to the song when I used to sing it with a Gospel Quartet a few years ago........ It is from a song written in 1856.

There is no name so sweet on earth,
No name so dear in Heaven.
As that before his wondrous birth,
To Christ the savior given.

T'was Gabriel first, that did proclaim
To his most blessed mother.
That name, now and ever more,
We praise above all other.

And when he hung upon the Cross,
They wrote his name above him.
That all might see, the reason we,
forever more must love him.

And now upon the father's throne,
Almighty to relieve us.
From Sin and pain, he ever reigns.
Our prince and Savior Jesus.

We love to sing around our King,
And hail him blessed Jesus.
For there's no word ear ever heard,
So Dear, So Sweet. As Jesus.

There's just something about that name.............

Post by Guest » Sun Dec 28, 2008 12:01 am

By the way, that was a speaking part I did....Not a singing part...I was the Bass singer......thanks...JIM

Post by Guest » Thu Feb 26, 2009 7:07 pm

does anyone have the recitation part of there's something about that name Iwould really like to have it
steveliu
Site Admin

Post by steveliu » Fri Feb 27, 2009 4:58 am

Click to the first page of this thread and you'll find it.

Thanks,
Steve

Post by Guest » Tue Jun 23, 2009 10:43 pm

When you say the Name of Jesus things Changes. I Have Heard my Mother say that Jesus is the reason from the season