Looking for "the hammer is still ringing

This is where you can post a request for a hymn search (to post a new request, simply click on the words "Hymn Lyrics Search Requests" and scroll down until you see "Post a New Topic").
ApostolicButterfly

Post by ApostolicButterfly » Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:46 am

Starts out: one day outside Jerusalem, a roman hammer fell. The echoes from the hillside told all there was to tell.

I remember part of the chorus too: the hammer is still ringing though years have faded by, father please forgive them still echoes from the sky
whiteyowhite

Post by whiteyowhite » Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:36 pm

i SPENT THE LAST THIRTY MINUTES TYPING UP THIS SONG
FOR THIS REQUEST AND I TYPED IN THE CODE AND THEN HIT "POST YOUR REPLY AND THE SCREEN CAME UP WITH " FATAL ERROR AND THEN WIPED OUT ALL I HAD WORKED FOR IN AN INSTANT.

STEVE, YOU NEED TO FIX THIS, i ENJOY TRYING TO HELP FOLKS
i HAVE OVER 400 POSTS ON THIS SITE BUT IF THIS IS NOT CORRECTED
IT WILL BE THE LAST. THANKS STEVE
songinmyheart

Post by songinmyheart » Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:58 pm

Dear whiteyowhite,

Remember in July we addressed this? Steve answered :

Hi Whiteyowhite and Songinmyheart,

I definitely apologize for the glitch. Unfortunately, because this board is attacked every day by spammers, I had to put the Captcha up, and unfortunately, the Captcha will "time out" after a certain amount of time (which leads to the "Fatal Error". Sometimes, if you press the "Back" button your post will be intact and the Captcha will update, but sometimes this won't happen (I know it's frustrating--I've been burned many times by it myself--ironically, it did again when I wrote this post ).

As Songinmyheart mentioned, the best thing to do if you're typing or transcribing a long hymn is to do it in Microsoft Word or Notepad first, and then copy-and-paste it to your post. Or, just type it into the post, but remember to copy it to your clipboard first before you click "Submit". Sorry, I know how much of a hassle this is, but it's sort of the price we pay to keep the board spam-free and open to guest posting.

Another thing to do, especially if you open multiple windows at once, is to make sure to click "Refresh" before you start posting. This will ensure that a fresh Captcha code is generated, and that the clock starts fresh.

I did want to take a little time to say thanks You both are among the more prolific posters on the site, and that's really what makes this site special and a blessing to so many. I'll keep trying to see if I can find better technology, but in the meantime I think the advice above should help alleviate frustration in the future.

God bless!!
Steve
steveliu
Site Admin

Post by steveliu » Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:41 am

Thanks for finding and reposting that, songinmyheart!

Whiteyowhite, I definitely understand your frustration (again, it happened to me again just now too), and I'm truly sorry that all your hard work was lost.

Sadly, this board continues to be under attack every day (I spend several hours a week just cleaning up the volume of vandalism). So sadly, the CAPTCHA is still something that we need, as for every spammer that gets through there are dozens, if not hundreds, whom it stops.

I definitely hope my workaround above will work for you (type your hymn in Notepad or Word, and then click "Refresh" on the page before copying and pasting). It would be a huge shame to lose your wonderful contributions to this forum.

If that's too much of a hassle, then you can type out your hymn, but BEFORE you click "Post Your Reply", make a habit of selecting all that you typed and Copying it to your clipboard. That way if you get the "Fatal Error" you can refresh the page and then paste the contents of your clipboard.

Like I said, I will continue to look for a better solution, but in the meantime I hope one of these workarounds will work for you. It would be very sad to see your wonderful contributions to this forum end.

God bless,
Steve

Post by Guest » Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:47 am

THE HAMMER IS STILL RINGING
# 497
VERSE: 1
ONE DAY OUTSIDE JERUSALEM, A ROMAN HAMMER FELL,
THE ECHOES FROM THE HILLSIDE, TOLD ALL THERE WAS TO TELL.
NO CARPENTERS WERE BUILDING, NO BLACKSMITH'S HAMMER WROUGHT, THE SON OF GOD WAS BEING NAILED,
UPON A RUGGED CROSS

CHORUS:
THE HAMMER IS STILL RINGING, THOUGH YEARS HAVE FADED BY,
FATHER PLEASE FORGIVE THEM, STILL ECHOES FROM THE SKY, AND WHEN HE CRIED IT'S FINISHED,
SALVATION'S PLAN WAS FREE, IT WAS HIS LOVE FOR YOU AND I, THAT HELD HIM TO THAT TREE
VERSE: 2
THE ROMAN SOLDIERS MOCKED AT HIM, AND GAMBLED FOR HIS ROBE, NO ONE STEPPED FORTH IN HIS DEFENSE,
NO ONE COULD BEAR HIS LOAD, AND THEN THE SKY WAS DARKENED, THE EARTH BEGAN TO QUAKE
NO ONE THERE, COULD LOOK UPON, THE DYING SAVIOR'S FACE

VERSE: 3
SOME SAY THAT IN THIS MODERN AGE,
THE SAVIOR HAS NO PLACE, BUT I KNOW BECAUSE OF HIM
AND HIS AMAZING GRACE, I'M SAFELY SHELTERED IN HIM
AND THERE I WILL ABIDE
THE GATES OF HELL CAN NOT PREVAIL, TO PULL ME FROM HIS SIDE

REPEAT CHORUS:
TAG: IT WAS HIS LOVE FOR YOU AND I ,THAT HELD HIM TO THE HAMMER IS STILL RINGING
# 497
VERSE: 1
ONE DAY OUTSIDE JERUSALEM, A ROMAN HAMMER FELL,
THE ECHOES FROM THE HILLSIDE, TOLD ALL THERE WAS TO TELL.
NO CARPENTERS WERE BUILDING, NO BLACKSMITH'S HAMMER WROUGHT, THE SON OF GOD WAS BEING NAILED,
UPON A RUGGED CROSS

CHORUS:
THE HAMMER IS STILL RINGING, THOUGH YEARS HAVE FADED BY,
FATHER PLEASE FORGIVE THEM, STILL ECHOES FROM THE SKY, AND WHEN HE CRIED IT'S FINISHED,
SALVATION'S PLAN WAS FREE, IT WAS HIS LOVE FOR YOU AND I, THAT HELD HIM TO THAT TREE
VERSE: 2
THE ROMAN SOLDIERS MOCKED AT HIM, AND GAMBLED FOR HIS ROBE, NO ONE STEPPED FORTH IN HIS DEFENSE,
NO ONE COULD BEAR HIS LOAD, AND THEN THE SKY WAS DARKENED, THE EARTH BEGAN TO QUAKE
NO ONE THERE, COULD LOOK UPON, THE DYING SAVIOR'S FACE

VERSE: 3
SOME SAY THAT IN THIS MODERN AGE,
THE SAVIOR HAS NO PLACE, BUT I KNOW BECAUSE OF HIM
AND HIS AMAZING GRACE, I'M SAFELY SHELTERED IN HIM
AND THERE I WILL ABIDE
THE GATES OF HELL CAN NOT PREVAIL, TO PULL ME FROM HIS SIDE

REPEAT CHORUS:
TAG: IT WAS HIS LOVE FOR YOU AND I ,THAT HELD HIM TO

Post by Guest » Tue May 24, 2016 7:20 pm

Thank you for posting these lyrics. I just heard this song by the Primitive Quartet on WSOF Radio in Madisonville, Kentucky, and I was not able to hear all the words. Thank you so very much for the work you do.