Need lyrics to Chiseled in stone by Cooke Brothers. Thanks

This is where you can post a request for a hymn search (to post a new request, simply click on the words "Hymn Lyrics Search Requests" and scroll down until you see "Post a New Topic").

Need lyrics to Chiseled in stone by Cooke Brothers. Thanks

Post by Guest » Sat Feb 15, 2014 12:02 am

Need lyrics to Chiseled in stone by Cooke Brothers.
aceburton1

Re: Need lyrics to Chiseled in stone by Cooke Brothers. Thanks

Post by aceburton1 » Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:48 pm

For years now men have searched
The mountains and the streams
Trying to get a glimpse of the glittering stone
Chasing the end of the rainbow
Searching for a pot of gold
They’re trying to make their lives just a little more free
But I say take no heed for tomorrow it’s not yours it’s only borrowed and nobody has a minute of guarantee
When that tombstone has been planted and the top soil you’ve been granted you can’t buy it back but I’ll tell you when it comes to me

When they chisel my name in the stone I’ll be living in my brand new home Six foot under ain’t no big deal to me
I know I’ll Rest In Peace knowing all the treasures there awaiting for me don’t worry when I’m gone and they chisel my name in the stone

Everyday what you hear is the same thing work hard make more save a little nest egg sign up now for definite security but what they never tell you is you can’t take it when you go won’t bail you out of Satan’s hands if you play his games Well all it took was one trip to an old fashioned altar and I got a pink slip paid in full signed by the blood of the lamb now my name is written in heaven in the lambs book of life in heavenly letters and I’m all signed up for the ultimate retirement plan.