I shall not be moved edited

This is where you can post a request for a hymn search (to post a new request, simply click on the words "Hymn Lyrics Search Requests" and scroll down until you see "Post a New Topic").

Post by Guest » Tue Feb 17, 2015 5:03 pm

we used to sing an edited "fun" version of the old song I Shall Not be Moved. It said... I shall not be moved, I'll sit right here and greive the Holy Spirit, I shall not be moved. The preacher preached on tithing but I just cannot give- to give what I'm supposed to would cramp the way I live! I'll sit right here and greive the Holy Spirit, I shall not be moved!
Hope someone can help me with the rest of the lyrics!
niki

Post by niki » Tue Feb 17, 2015 6:01 pm

Never heard this one but it sounds so true. Hope someone has it. Chords too please!

Post by Guest » Mon Dec 07, 2015 6:18 am

sang this many years ago but could only remember one verse.

The preacher wore that striped shirt he knows I do not like.
I wish that I had stayed at home, Dallas is on tonight.
I'll sit right here and grieve the Holy Spirit, I shall not be moved.

I shall not be, I shall not be moved.
I shall not be, I shall not be moved.
I'llsit right here, though the Spirit moves me, I shall not be moved.

Post by Guest » Thu Mar 10, 2016 1:26 pm

I would like it as well

Post by Guest » Wed Nov 23, 2016 8:59 am

One part of the "funny edited" version I remember was:
I'll step right up and testify what Gods done for me, but when they pass the offering plate I'll act like I don't see, I can't afford to give God what He asks for, I shall not be moved

Post by Guest » Sun Dec 10, 2017 3:05 pm

I shall not be I shall not be moved I shall not be I shall not be moved.
I'll sit right here and bother those around me, I shall not be moved.

The preacher wore that same ole suit he knows I do not like, I should have stayed at home cuz the ball games on tonight I'll sit right here and BOTHER THOSE AROUND me I shall not be moved.

I'll stand right up and testify of what God's done for me, but when the offering plate comes by I'll act like I don't see, I can't afford to pay that pastors salary I shall not be moved.

When the congregation stands to sing a song, I'll voice my opposition cuz I think standings wrong I'll sit right here and show that ole song leader, I shall not be moved.

He say there'll be a rapture the dead in Christ shall rise, called up to be with Jesus to meet him in the skies I wonder now if Christ should come this moment if I would be moved.

I shall not be I shall not be moved, I shall not be I shall not be moved I'll sit right here and bother those around me if I would be moved.

This is what I can remember from memory at the moment. I'll edit it if I remember more, I believer there is another verse about the holy spirit I just can't remember at the moment