FIrst line "there's a fear among the nations and rumors of war you feel the hunger and pain ...

This is where you can post a request for a hymn search (to post a new request, simply click on the words "Hymn Lyrics Search Requests" and scroll down until you see "Post a New Topic").

FIrst line "there's a fear among the nations and rumors of war you feel the hunger and pain ...

Post by Guest » Fri Jun 05, 2015 6:13 am

Looking for title and artist of a song based on Psalm 46:4 that is sometimes heard on Family Radio Stations. Last line of chorus is "for the promise lives where there is a river."

Post by Guest » Fri Jun 05, 2015 6:08 pm

Words to the chorus are "There is a river flowing from the throne of heaven and the waters make the city glad. Come to the fountain knowing the father loves His own, and the river keeps us strong, until the joy of morning comes, for the promise lives where there is a river."
mstevens

Post by mstevens » Fri Mar 18, 2016 2:18 pm

I also am searching for this song, because the sacred recording artists who sings it has in my view, the most beautiful male voice I have ever hear, as demonstrated by this song.

I have only heard the song played on Family Radio as the above guests have stated. -- Michael
QuickSilver

Post by QuickSilver » Sat May 14, 2016 2:31 am

Happily, Family Radio confirmed that the tenor is Scott Smith. The album containing the song "There is a River" is out of print, and they have lost touch with Scott, but there is a blogger who included an JPEG version of Scott's song in the following link:

http://suppressing-the-fire.blogspot.co ... rship.html

There's a fear among the nations and rumors of war.
We feel the hunger and pain and shadows we've known before.
And though the mountains may tremble, I will remember that the
Lord God Almighty, He is the Strength of my soul.

And there is a river flowing from the throne of heaven, and the waters make the city glad. Come to the fountain knowing the Father loves His own. And the river keeps us strong, 'til the joy of morning comes, for the promise lives where there is a river.

The saints are standing, watching, waiting.....How long, Oh Lord, until Your Kingdom come(s)....call your children home? Amid the cries of creation the prayers rise to the Heavens as we long to be clothed in the righteousness, born from above.....

repeat Chorus....Be still and know.....I am God.
evangeld

Re: FIrst line "there's a fear among the nations and rumors of war you feel the hunger and pain ...

Post by evangeld » Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:03 pm

I too have been searching. Let me share what I know: I heard Scott Smith give a concert in Denver, Colorado in the early 90's and bought his CD afterwards. I gave him some extra money because I really wanted to see his ministry continue!

The back of the CD says:
Produced and arranged by Tom Howard

Mixed by Tom Howard and Joe Bellamy at Peace in the Valley. Mastered by Hank Williams at Master Mix, Nashville, TN.

Musicians also include: Tom Howard, Scott Smith, Michael Faircloth, Randy Strom, Wayne Brasel, Dave Coy, Doug Matthews, Brad Dutz, Teri Desario, Pavel Farkas, James Lacefield, John Acosta, Dan Smith, Norman Hughes, Dimitrie Leivici, Ezra Kliger, Vladimir Polimatidi, Gail Cruz, John Clarke, John Mithcell

Concert information: Scott Smith Ministries, Inc,
P.O. Box 140,
Lutherville, MD 21093-01340
(301)561-0934

Now, where can we take it from here?

Evan
mstevens

Re: FIrst line "there's a fear among the nations and rumors of war you feel the hunger and pain ...

Post by mstevens » Fri Apr 17, 2020 5:26 pm

There is a new version of "There Is A River" at YouTube:

There Is A River Vocalist: Scott Smith
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3AX2bkn5R3c

mstevens wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2016 2:18 pm I also am searching for this song, because the sacred recording artists who sings it has in my view, the most beautiful male voice I have ever heard, as demonstrated by this song.

I have only heard the song played on Family Radio as the above guests have stated. -- Michael
siskse

Post by siskse » Thu Nov 12, 2020 3:51 pm

I have the CD by Scott Smith with this song on it and it is beautiful.
Scott Smith

Post by Scott Smith » Mon Apr 04, 2022 2:35 pm

Thank you everyone for your encouraging comments! It’s hard to believe it’s been 33 years since I recorded that CD (1989, same year Liz and I were married). The Lord used that song in my life as much as I hope He used it in yours to remind me that His sovereign character is unchanging, constant, steadfast. What was crazy about the fact that Family Radio played that song was that it was over 6 minutes long! I traveled the country for about 10 years after graduating from Covenant College in ‘85 and then, the first of our 5 kids started arriving in 1994 and I decided to become a Realtor to “pay the bills”. I still love leading congregations in worship when they let me, haha. “Oh give thanks to the Lord; call upon his name; make known his deeds among the peoples! Sing to him, sing praises to him; tell of all his wondrous works! Glory in his holy name; let the hearts of those who seek the Lord rejoice! Seek the Lord and his strength; seek his presence continually! Remember the wondrous works that he has done, his miracles, and the judgments he uttered,”
‭‭Psalm‬ ‭105:1-5‬ ‭ESV‬‬
steveliu
Site Admin

Post by steveliu » Sat Apr 09, 2022 4:03 am

Thanks so much for your post and your wonderful encouragement, Scott!

And most of all thank you for sharing your gift with the world. Based on on the interest on this thread as well as this one in the last few years, it's clear that you've touched and continue to touch many lives. And heaven knows that the words you sang 33 years ago are more relevant and needed today than ever.

God bless!
Steve