Better slow down! ... and take your time to serve the Lord... Does anybody know this song?

This is where you can post a request for a hymn search (to post a new request, simply click on the words "Hymn Lyrics Search Requests" and scroll down until you see "Post a New Topic").
sjorchestra

Better slow down! ... and take your time to serve the Lord... Does anybody know this song?

Post by sjorchestra » Sat Jul 16, 2016 11:15 pm

There's an old southern gospel song that seems largely forgotten, it has a swing rhythm and I think it goes something like this ....

You better slow down, and take your time to serve the Lord
You better slow down, and take your time to serve the Lord....
Well you can't serve the Lord when you're going a mile a minute, better slow right down and put your whole heart in it.
Better slow down! and take your time... to serve the Lord.

Well you can't say a thang and then do another, be a saved by day and devil under cover
Better slow down! And take your time... to serve the Lord.

Better talk to the Lord, thank Him for His many blessings, better slow right down, all your sins confessing,
Better slow down! And take your time... and serve the Lord!

It's entitled "Slow Down". Note that in addition to the lyrics, I would like to know where this comes from, who sang it, or how old it is. I searched google, but it did not turn up anything on this song.