Hymn from 04:48 in Showtime Documentary: "Prophet's Prey" - child or women's chorus

This is where you can post a request for a hymn search (to post a new request, simply click on the words "Hymn Lyrics Search Requests" and scroll down until you see "Post a New Topic").
lking

Hymn from 04:48 in Showtime Documentary: "Prophet's Prey" - child or women's chorus

Post by lking » Tue Sep 27, 2016 12:10 am

I have desperately tried to locate the hymn sung by either a women's or children's chorus in the showtime documentary: "Prophet's Prey."
The first set of lyrics are as follows:
"A precious child, sent from above; Given a mission, a work of love, God will walk beside you, He will hold your hand, He is there to guide you, He will understand;
Each time you whisper, or kneel in prayer, He sends his spirit, to show he is there....."
More is sung later in the documentary, however, I have searched all of the Music Credits from the documentary as well as the Music Producers' websites, etc. I can't find the title of the hymn anywhere and have googled all of the lyrics.
It is really a beautiful, simple melody and I would love to know the name of the hymn. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Post by Guest » Sat Dec 03, 2016 1:06 pm

I, too have searched and searched for this! No luck. Have you identified it yet?
songinmyheart

Post by songinmyheart » Sat Dec 03, 2016 4:35 pm

Hi Iking and guest,
Try contacting the director, Amy J Berg
or the producer Katherine LeBlond
at [email protected]
source: http://disarmingfilms.com/bios-2

Re: Hymn from 04:48 in Showtime Documentary: "Prophet's Prey" - child or women's chorus

Post by Guest » Mon Mar 26, 2018 1:40 pm

I have contacted the director of the movie and people who were involved in the music editing process, have to disappoint you guys, but the choir music was from FLDS children’s choir that Warren Jeffs conducted himself, it's their music from their community, so unfortunately it's not available for purchase digitally, but the closest you can get to it, is to go on youtube.com and type in the search "FLDS music", "rulon jeffs wives" and so on, they have similar songs, the exact name of the songs and titles in the movie are the following:

“God Will Walk Beside You” - FLDS Choir
“Thankful Prayer” - FLDS Choir

Hope that helps.

Re: Hymn from 04:48 in Showtime Documentary: "Prophet's Prey" - child or women's chorus

Post by Guest » Fri May 11, 2018 10:12 pm

Yes Indeed, been a long time since I was on here, just happened to stop by, thank you very much.