Title to hymn - Where have the seals gone

This is where you can post a request for a hymn search (to post a new request, simply click on the words "Hymn Lyrics Search Requests" and scroll down until you see "Post a New Topic").
Puffa

Title to hymn - Where have the seals gone

Post by Puffa » Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:18 am

I'm looking for the name of a hymn and all I can remember is the first couple of lines. Where have the seals gone, where are the whales. That once roamed our waters before there were sails
DragonFly73

Re: Title to hymn

Post by DragonFly73 » Mon Mar 22, 2021 8:57 pm

Hiya!

I've just come across your post from 2017! I don't know whether you were ever successful in your quest to find the name of that hymn. I know the song that you're referring to and I too am now on the very same quest! Lol. It's such a beautiful song! I have fond memories of me singing it during my primary/elementary school years in the early eighties. We were taught the lyrics in Music Practice at the school I attended. I too would love to know who sang it originally.

As I recall, the lyrics were as follows:

Where have the seals gone
Where are the whales
That once used our waters
Before there were sails
Where are the emus
That once used to roam
The fields and the forests
They’ve turned into homes

They’ve all gone away
As the sun turns to rain
I sit here and wonder
Will they e-e-ver
Come again
Come again
Come again

Where have the seals gone
Where are the whales
That once used our waters
Before there were sails
Where are the people
That lived here before
And how is it, tell me
They’re not here any more

They’ve all gone away
As the sun turns to rain
I sit here and wonder
Will they e-e-ver
Come again
Come again
COME AGAIN

PS. If by now you have discovered the name of the song or the artist who did it, I would love it if you would let me know as well! :-)