Hail Mary, Gentle Woman

This is where you can post a request for a hymn search (to post a new request, simply click on the words "Hymn Lyrics Search Requests" and scroll down until you see "Post a New Topic").

Hail Mary, Gentle Woman

Post by Guest » Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:24 pm

I sing this song to my patient who has dementia, he becomes quiet and still; i truly believe he gets the message....thank you, George, So. Florida

Hail Mary, Gentle Woman

Post by Guest » Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:21 pm

We had this special hymn sung at our Mother's funeral, it was to celebrate her life in our way and to honor her as a Gentle Woman. This was one of her favorite songs

Hail Mary, Gentle Woman

Post by Guest » Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:00 pm

When i sang this at a funeral people asked over and over where did you learn it.
I tol them , in glory and praise song book
E

Hail Mary, Gentle Woman

Post by Guest » Mon May 07, 2012 8:18 pm

This reminds me so much of my late Mother that when it's sung at Mass
I have a hard time at 66 years not to choke up!

Hail Mary, Gentle Woman

Post by Guest » Sat Jun 02, 2012 5:24 pm

Oh Belinda, thank you for posting this. I'm not sure I've ever heard/sung/read all the vseres before. I couldn't understand all the words in the video you posted, so I looked them up and then typed them out. I'm so glad I did... I especially love the lines (which I don't think I've ever heard before): "I feel the life his wounds impart, I feel the Saviour in my heart." Here are the rest in case anyone else should like to see them in print:And can it be that I should gainAn interest in the Saviour's blood?Died he for me, who caused His pain For me, who Him to death pursued?Amazing love! How can it be,That Thou, my God shouldst die for me?Amazing love! How can it be That Thou, my God shouldst die for me? Tis mystery all: th'Immortal dies:Who can explore His strange design?In vain the firstborn seraph triesTo sound the depths of love divine. Tis mercy all! Let earth adore,Let angel minds inquire no more. Tis mercy all! Let earth adore,Let angel minds inquire no more.He left his Father's throne aboveSo free, so infinite His grace Emptied Himself of all but love,And bled for Adam's helpless race: Tis mercy all, immense and free,For O my God, it found out me! Tis mercy all, immense and free,For O my God, it found out me!Long my imprisoned spirit lay,Fast bout in sin and nature's night;Thine eye diffused a quickening ray I woke, the dungeon flamed with light;My chains fell off, my heart was free,I rose, went forth, and followed Thee.My chains fell off, my heart was free,I rose, went forth, and followed Thee.Still the small inward voice I hear,That whispers all my sins forgiven;Still the atoning blood is near,That quenched the wrath of hostile Heaven.I feel the life his wounds impart;I feel the Saviour in my heart.I feel the life his wounds impart;I feel the Saviour in my heart.No condemnation now I dread;Jesus and all in Him, is mine;Alive in Him, my living Head, And clothed in righteousness divine,Bold I approach th'eternal throne,And claim the crown, through Christ my own.Bold I approach th'eternal throne,And claim the crown, through Christ my own.

Hail Mary, Gentle Woman

Post by Guest » Thu Aug 16, 2012 5:34 pm

To our blessed mother my mother and father and all mothers and father's who devote there prayers and thoughts to mother and son God bless.

Hail Mary, Gentle Woman

Post by Guest » Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:32 am

My mother is looking for the lyrics and music of her favorite hymn - Oh My Blessed Mothr Mary. Does anyone know where I can find it? She heard it at a Polish Mass.

Hail Mary, Gentle Woman

Post by Guest » Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:03 pm

My grandson Joseph learned to sing Our National Anthem when he was 27 months old in less than a month from watching Josh Groban on youtube He has been singing the song at Flag Raising Ceremonies, to Soldiers going off to war and to Veterans since he was 2 1/2 years old. When Joseph was 3 1/2 he sang a duet of Our National Anthem with Josh Groban (July 16, 2011) at the Palace of Auburn Hills (Mi) during Joshs Straight To You Tour. We recently joined a Church and Little Joseph has sang that song and also God Bless the USA after Masses. I now have a request for him to learn Gentle Woman to sing next Mothers Day. Wish him well!!

Hail Mary, Gentle Woman

Post by Guest » Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:05 am

tourching and spiritful

Hail Mary, Gentle Woman

Post by Guest » Sat Jun 29, 2013 11:07 pm

I love this song Want it sung at my funeral CEScanlon