Name of Jesus

This is where you can post a request for a hymn search (to post a new request, simply click on the words "Hymn Lyrics Search Requests" and scroll down until you see "Post a New Topic").

Name of Jesus

Post by Guest » Thu Jun 16, 2005 6:47 pm

All I remember about the song is the chorus goes "What a wonderful name, the name of Jesus" I think it might also include Something about the name, the name of Jesus.
soule2soule

Name of Jesus

Post by soule2soule » Thu Jul 21, 2005 3:14 am

Hi,
I found "The Name of Jesus" in my old hymnal. I don't know if it is what you are looking for but the author is Edmund S. Lorenz.
The name of Jesus is so sweet, I love its music to repeat; It makes my joys full and complete, The precious name of Jesus. "Jesus," oh, how sweet the name! "Jesus," ev'ry day the same; "Jesus," let all saints proclaim Its worthy praise forever.
That is the first verse and the chorus. I will try to get back on tomorrow and if this is it, I will type in the rest for you or try to copy it and send it to your email or something.
God Bless,
tam

Name of Jesus

Post by Guest » Mon Oct 01, 2007 6:48 pm

hi soule2soule

Thanks - that is the song - jesus oh how sweet the name
Jesus_Keeps_Me

Name of Jesus

Post by Jesus_Keeps_Me » Tue Oct 02, 2007 1:56 am

It's not the one that goes "What a name the name of Jesus, reaching higher far, than the brightest star, Sweeter than the songs they sing in Heaven, ever more the same what a lovely name" is it?

Name of Jesus

Post by Guest » Tue Dec 09, 2008 11:19 pm

the name of the song you are looking for it what a lovely name. i know vestal goodman sings it.