Goin' Home

This is where you can post a request for a hymn search (to post a new request, simply click on the words "Hymn Lyrics Search Requests" and scroll down until you see "Post a New Topic").
ron s

Goin' Home

Post by ron s » Mon Aug 01, 2005 2:02 am

Very timely posts for me. I am trying to get a recording or arrange a singer for a ceremony in September at my mother's inurnment, and I know this music is a favourite. I have copied the sheet music PDF, and will start browsing stores for the recordings you have listed here.

Thanks a lot.

Goin' Home

Post by Guest » Fri Aug 26, 2005 1:49 am

A version of Dvorak's 'Largo' or 'Going Home' was sung at the end of the 1947 movie The Snake Pit, a movie about life in an "insane asylum". It is a very poignant version sung by an inmate, and worth the viewing.

Gary T

Goin' Home

Post by Guest » Wed Aug 31, 2005 3:28 pm

the "angelic" voice is probably Deanna Durbin, she sang a version of "going home" in the movie It Started with Eve. I've been looking for it on cd, sheet music, but have found different versions. So far the only way I can listen to it is watch the movie!

-Libby
steveliu
Site Admin

Goin' Home

Post by steveliu » Wed Aug 31, 2005 8:41 pm

Wow! Great find :)

I found a bunch of Deanna Durbin recordings, but none with "Going Home" on it. I may just end up buying the movie ;)

Here's a link to the DVD on Amazon:

link

Goin' Home

Post by Guest » Wed Sep 28, 2005 2:25 am

Thanks for all the info on this song--I've forever loved the melody, but didn't know the lyrics that were put to it. They turned out to be absolutely appropriate for the funeral last week for a dear friend's dad. Sang it as a duet, accompanied on piano and then added an instrumental part between the verses with fiddles and piano. Just perfect! Thanks so much.

Goin' Home

Post by Guest » Wed Sep 28, 2005 9:57 am

Just found this site while looking for info about Goin' Home. It transposes into a great piece for bagpipes! Now that I know the words, I'll enjoy hearing it even more!! God bless you all.

Goin' Home

Post by Guest » Wed Sep 28, 2005 9:58 am

By the way, I play tenor drum with the pipe band!

Goin' Home

Post by Guest » Sat Oct 01, 2005 1:25 am

the lady singing going home in snake pit who later went on too star as Timmy mom in the tv series Lassie.. Jan Clayton was her name if not mistaken..
god bless

Goin' Home

Post by Guest » Thu Oct 06, 2005 10:59 pm

Beautiful version of Going Home sung by Issy on her album Ascolta. Also Be Still My Soul.

Goin' Home

Post by Guest » Thu Nov 10, 2005 3:17 pm

military bands website has a intrumental version played by a air force band very moving. runs 3:05