Goin' Home

This is where you can post a request for a hymn search (to post a new request, simply click on the words "Hymn Lyrics Search Requests" and scroll down until you see "Post a New Topic").

Goin' Home

Post by Guest » Sat Jun 04, 2011 12:53 pm

I just found this website and another beautiful rendition by Jason Tonioli. You can listen to it at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FbWwoDKMRk. And you can download the sheet music on his website. I am playing it today at a funeral for a dear man at our church.

Goin' Home

Post by Guest » Tue Jun 07, 2011 5:36 am

Does anyone know where I can get a piano arrangement & lyrics for Kathleen Batles version of this song?

Goin' Home

Post by Guest » Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:53 pm

Does anyone know what words kathleen battle sings after "all the thoughts we once knew" on going home? I can;t make out the words from her recording.

Goin' Home

Post by Guest » Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:09 pm

I chose the Morriston Orpheus Choiir recording of this for ending my father's funeral in 2004. I had worked in Morriston years before, and Dad was a Welshman, with a lovely voice himself. It was also the version that Peterborough Crematorium offered on their 'airwaves'!
Strangely, It's only now that that I've looked for the words. Thanks for the sight. Eerily, as I was typing this, a spoof 'Hovis advert' came on the telly, with the Dvorak Largo being played by brass band. Very strange---Dad was also a brass bandsman and director!

Goin' Home

Post by Guest » Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:20 pm

I found this on youtube. Edinburgh tattoo with bagpipes and vocal!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=In23rRQUHSs

I couldn't quite follow the lyrics but it's a nice rendition.

Goin' Home

Post by Guest » Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:58 am

thank you. I want to use these words on my program for my memorial service. This music from Dvorak's New World Symphony will be the last piece of music played.

Goin' Home

Post by Guest » Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:12 pm

Could the young lady with the angelic voice be Chloe Agnew of Celtic Woman, who recorded the sone beautifully?

Goin' Home

Post by Guest » Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:00 pm

The Bryn Terfel version was played at my mothers funeral and was particulary appropriate as she is reunited with her beloved husband and her mother and father.

Goin' Home

Post by Guest » Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:37 pm

Sorry to nitpick, but Dvorak used the music in the 2nd movement (not 3rd) of his Symphony No. 9 ("From the New World"). It is a truly moving piece.
kmaish

Goin' Home

Post by kmaish » Sat May 12, 2012 4:00 am

so I am looking for a song it has when he calls im going home,
but my mom says it also has im a going home maybe by dying
something liek that it would mean a lot to find this song for her