Down to the River to Pray

This is where you can post a request for a hymn search (to post a new request, simply click on the words "Hymn Lyrics Search Requests" and scroll down until you see "Post a New Topic").

Post by Guest » Mon Aug 14, 2006 1:54 am

This is a song that my whole family loves. My daughters are trying to learn it so they can sing itat church. We thank GOD that he allowed such a beautiful song to be written. Thank you so much for the lyrics. Aleece and family

Post by Guest » Thu Jan 04, 2007 2:03 pm

I'm not quite holy believer and i never went to church. But if i ever would change, this song 'll be the reason...

Post by Guest » Tue Jan 23, 2007 5:25 pm

:) I love this song SOOOO much!! The Spirit Borne group got together a group of people to sing a capella songs and they're performing it before each show. This just happens to be one of them. It sounds so amazing!!!!! thanks for the lyrics!! ;)

Post by Guest » Mon Mar 12, 2007 9:21 pm

This song is amazing we sang it for our chours concert and it sounded beutiful i don't go to chruch anymore but we did sing it in my bible study last year and that's when i really started loveing this song thanks for the lyrics!!!

Post by Guest » Fri Mar 16, 2007 11:21 am

Someone was searching for the lyrics to THE GROUND IS LEVEL the other day. I hope this person got them but just in case:

The Ground Is Level

1. I stood before the cross...and a king stood by me
And on the other side...a vagabond
And there as we prayed....and poured our hearts out to Jesus
He bent to hear everyone

2. No matter who you are...whether rich or a beggar
The call is sent to whosoever will
Just kneel at the cross...and tell the Lord that you need Him
Your thirsty soul He will fill

Ch: The ground is level...at the foot of the cross
No man stands higher than I
I can call on Jesus' name...and a king can do the same
The ground is level at the foot of the cross!

Post by Guest » Wed Apr 04, 2007 2:04 pm

i love this song me and my friend might sing it in front of everyone on sunday.And we know this song so we r going to soo good

Post by Guest » Tue Apr 17, 2007 10:53 pm

Yes... sheet music for this would be splendid.

Post by Guest » Sat Apr 21, 2007 6:28 pm

I really love this song !!! It is so wonderful, it brings your spirit up. : )

Post by Guest » Tue May 22, 2007 4:50 pm

i love this song so much that i'm hoping to have it at my wedding. thank you for printing the words.

Post by Guest » Wed Jun 13, 2007 9:00 pm

I think this is one of the most beautiful songs... The first time I ever heard this song was on a cd that a friend gave to my mom. She had it in her cd player and my daughter (age 7) turned it on and started singing it. She knew the song because she had been listening to it with my mom. I started bawling... it was a mixture of the beautiful sound and beautiful words coming from my seven year old daughters mouth and knowing that I need God in my life. I gave my life to God about six years ago but then my dad died of colon cancer 4 yrs ago and my heart was heavy for a long time. Going to church slowly dwindled away to never going and eventually my life has became tough again. I know that I need God in my life and I know that is what I should do but I just feel guilty leaving God before. I know that God is forgiving but I want to make sure that I'm ready to not turn my back on God again. I feel guilty even asking God for help when I need it.... although I know he is THE ANSWER. Please pray for my family....