I'll Fly Away (Christian Spirtual)

This is where you can post a request for a hymn search (to post a new request, simply click on the words "Hymn Lyrics Search Requests" and scroll down until you see "Post a New Topic").

Post by Guest » Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:54 am

keep on, we will some day fly away thats for sure

Post by Guest » Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:28 pm

sycamore st church of christ greenwood, ms.......greetings
lilroxy48

Post by lilroxy48 » Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:19 pm

this is My favorite song we song this song at My daddy funeral

Post by Guest » Fri Dec 02, 2011 6:09 am

This song was sung in an episode of "The Waltons" by Jason (Jon Walmsley) and guest star Linda Purl. It was a great sequence; him teaching her the song and in days following, adding harmony and culminating in both of them singing it at the Dew Drop Inn as an audition piece for her. It was done uptempo, faster than it is usually sung, but it was great! You just had to clap your hands and sing along, it was so uplifting!

Post by Guest » Fri Dec 16, 2011 1:29 pm

can anyone put a link up or message me the sheet music for this? I just need it to wrap a gift and was hoping for some grace and mercy here.. LOL.. thanks ahead of time! Have a Blessed Christmas!

Post by Guest » Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:14 pm

This was the only song I wanted at my dear wife's funeral. She died too young (40) with three little boys left to mourn her. Beautiful and poignant.

Godspeed, Aimee.

Thanks, Alfred Brumley.

Post by Guest » Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:52 pm

why is it when u dont need the words to a song and then when u need them there is nothing in the world to bring the words to mind. thank you. lml

Post by Guest » Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:55 pm

why is it when u dont need the words to a song u sing the song all the time even lil children r sing it then u need the words and nobody knows the words the title doesnt come to mind. thank you lml

Post by Guest » Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:14 pm

This song was used at our Vacation Bible School this year (ended today). The kids LOVE it! After Mass on the Sunday following VBS week, the kids will gather in the front of church to sing the VBS songs for their parents. Mostly the songs from this year, but we always throw in favorites from previous years. This is year # 10 ! (100 kids, ages 3 to grade 5 + 60 crew, grade 6 & up + 30 adult volunteers) ** (CD of 10 non-denominational, mostly pop-Christian songs can be purchased from http://group.com/childrens-ministry/vbs under "Sky VBS 2012"...underlying theme through most songs is having Trust in God.)

Post by Guest » Sun Jul 15, 2012 4:13 am

This is just 1 of many Albert Brumley's songs I sing in my local church every
Sunday.Wonderful songs.He was a gifted songwriter.