I'll Fly Away (Christian Spirtual)

This is where you can post a request for a hymn search (to post a new request, simply click on the words "Hymn Lyrics Search Requests" and scroll down until you see "Post a New Topic").

Post by Guest » Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:53 pm

This was my granddaddy Alberts favorite gospel hymn...He sang it moments before he died. It is only fitting that a man named Albert rote the lyrics.
BayDean

Post by BayDean » Sun May 09, 2010 3:11 am

Lyrics to an old Chuck Wagon Gang Song.. I'll Meet You By The River

Post by Guest » Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:58 pm

Can you please tell me where i can get a copy of this most beautiful song on cd? I would like this to remember my father by as this was sung accapella at his funeral 7 long years ago. He passed away from cancer and I mis him so much.
egirlteddybear

Post by egirlteddybear » Tue Aug 10, 2010 11:03 pm

Please tell me where I can get a copy of this beautiful song on cd as I would like to remember my father with this song. It was sung at his funeral with no background help by his step granddaughter.

Post by Guest » Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:17 pm

You can find it on the O' Brother Where Art Thou Soundtrack.

Alison Kraus and Gillian Welch.

It's happier than an Accapella but it's the version that caused a surge in its popularity.

Post by Guest » Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:46 pm

On 09/15/2010 Wednesday, I think. This song was played during a tornado going closer and closer to Winfield, KS, where gust of wind were up to 70mph. Wrong time but in other ways the right time. Made me cry but also comforted me to prepare for death if that is what it came down to. I thank God everyday that I am still alive.

Post by Guest » Thu Oct 07, 2010 6:20 am

Randy Travis does an amazing version of this song, fast tempo, upbeat, with a touch of southern accent that adds to the richness of this song,..just search for I'll Fly Away under Randy Travis and you should be ale to find it.

Post by Guest » Sat Nov 27, 2010 4:00 pm

Awesome gospel song! Helped lead singing this at a funeral and could see smiles on the family's faces as they thought of their loved one flying away to heaven.

Post by Guest » Fri Dec 10, 2010 7:03 am

The Avett Brothers do an amazing rendition, check it out!

Post by Guest » Sat Dec 25, 2010 8:03 pm

THE GRAND OLE OPRY GOSPEL SINGERS PAID A TRIBUTE TO ALFRED BRUMLEY. THEY POINTED OUT HE WAS BORN IN SPIRIO, OKLAHOMA AND WAS A MEMBER OF THE CHURCH OF CHRIST. THE CHURCH OF CHRIST SINGS ACAPELLO, WITHOUT INSTRUMENTAL MUSIC.

MR BRUMLEY SONGS ARE GREAT SONGS.