The Carpenter - An Album for the 60s/70s

This is where you can post a request for a hymn search (to post a new request, simply click on the words "Hymn Lyrics Search Requests" and scroll down until you see "Post a New Topic").
jonno2000

The Carpenter - An Album for the 60s/70s

Post by jonno2000 » Sat Sep 07, 2019 3:45 am

This is really an obscure request. Growing up we had an album at home which I believe was called 'The Carpenter'. Of course this is fairly common title so that doesn't help.

As I recall, the album is essentially the modern-day (for the 60s) telling of the gospel as explained to a man and women who each sing their questions - and are answered by the choir.

All I have to go on is a few snippets of some songs. The opening song starts like this:

(The choir)
In the beginning eons of space. Expanses of nothing on nothing on nothing - absence of life.
No ions, no mesons, no atoms, no spores. Nothing on nothing on nothing on nothing on nothing on nothing....
BUT.YOU.WERE - YOU EXPLODED! (heavy crashing timpani in the accompaniment)

The only other snippet i can remember is from the Mary (Magdalene?) character:
"I'm feeling sad and lonely I wish that I could die."

Anyway, that's about all I have. FWIW - I've spent MANY hours searching for this over the years and have come up empty. So, if by some miracle someone recognizes this album and could pass on the particulars I'd be very grateful.

Thanks,
Jon V.
Minneapolis, MN USA