Without Him

This is where you can post a request for a hymn search (to post a new request, simply click on the words "Hymn Lyrics Search Requests" and scroll down until you see "Post a New Topic").
[email protected]

Without Him

Post by [email protected] » Thu Mar 18, 2021 1:30 pm

Need lyrics to a beautiful hymn called Without Him.
songinmyheart

Re: Without Him

Post by songinmyheart » Fri Mar 19, 2021 12:07 am

Hi Austin,
Yes this is one of my favorites:

Without Him, I could do nothing
Without Him, I'd surely fail
Without Him, I would be drifting
Like a ship without a sail

Without Him, I would be dying
Without Him, I'd be enslaved
Without Him, life would be worthless
But with Jesus, thank God I'm saved

Oh Jesus, oh Jesus
Do you know Him today?
Please don't turn Him away
Oh Jesus, my Jesus
Without Him, how lost I would be
Without Him, how lost I would be
[email protected]

Post by [email protected] » Fri Mar 19, 2021 1:33 pm

Yes one of my favorites to. Does anyone have sheet music to this song?
songinmyheart

Post by songinmyheart » Fri Mar 19, 2021 11:30 pm

Try e-mailing  
[email protected]
she has a lot of sheet music

Also we have had the request for this hymn before
here is the link in our archive:
viewtopic.php?t=6801
songinmyheart

Post by songinmyheart » Fri Mar 19, 2021 11:33 pm

Also here is the story behind the hymn:

When Mylon LeFevre (1944- ) was 17-years old, he wrote this song. In 1963, he didn’t know he would try to live the next 17 years of his life, “Without Him”.

Mylon was born as the youngest son into a Southern Gospel family, the LeFevres. He grew up and joined the army, and it was during tough days of learning army life that he wrote this song. While stationed at Fort Jackson, South Carolina, the LeFevres were performing at a gospel convention in Memphis. That weekend, Mylon hitchhiked over 600 miles to get there. Onstage, singing “Without Him”, he did not know Elvis Presley was there. After the concert, Elvis asked to meet him. Shortly thereafter, Elvis recorded the song for his album, How Great Thou Art, and within the next year, over a hundred artists would record his song. In the army, he was only making $84/month, but, soon, Mylon, still a teenager, had so much money he felt he could actually live without God. He didn’t think he needed Jesus anymore.

Mylon recorded songs with all the big names – including the Beatles to the Rolling Stones – and he started using drugs because “everyone else” was doing it. He became a heroin addict, and it looked as if that teenager who wrote that “without Him life would be hopeless” was proving it.

But, in 1980, The Second Chapter of Acts, a Contemporary Christian musical group, helped Mylon get his life back on track. He begged God for forgiveness and said that, from that time on, he wanted to live with Him and not without Him. His message would become one of newfound hope and about the dangers of trying to live without Jesus.

Mylon LeFevre would become a pioneer in Christian rock… and is still active in Christian music today – though on the milder side of Christian music.

Found here:
https://thescottspot.wordpress.com/2016 ... n-in-1963/