Drunkers prayer

This is where you can post a request for a hymn search (to post a new request, simply click on the words "Hymn Lyrics Search Requests" and scroll down until you see "Post a New Topic").
Etna

Drunkers prayer

Post by Etna » Fri Jun 18, 2021 3:36 pm

My grand mother would sing me a song that would be so sad, it starts. Two little children walked side by side , out walking on a state highway, when around the corner, came a speeding car , with a drunk man at the wheel, the drunk man, he saw the children, he uttered a drunkers sound, sayin' get out of the road ,you little fools , when the car had brought them down ,the drunk man staggered from his car, to see what he has done, while kneeling over a running boy, he prayed a drunker prayer, Sing Lordly O' God forgive me, for this awful crime I've done, his attention was quickly drawn away , came the words of this dying son, O' daddy, O'daddy don't drink No more, while driving on your way, and meet us in sweet heaven daddy with momma some sweet day... Ide like to know the origin of this song and my grand mother sang more to this song, but I cant remember the rest
songinmyheart

Re: Drunkers prayer

Post by songinmyheart » Fri Jun 18, 2021 7:07 pm

Hi Etna
My Granny used to sing “Father Dear Father” to us
This is the one your Grandmother must have sung to you
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmktp3maRXo