Catholic song lyrics - We praise you o Lord

This is where you can post a request for a hymn search (to post a new request, simply click on the words "Hymn Lyrics Search Requests" and scroll down until you see "Post a New Topic").
ourhome1

Post by ourhome1 » Thu Aug 09, 2007 2:06 pm

Years ago in the Catholic church we used to sing a song that was so beautiful, but although I remember the music, I cannot remember the words. All I can remember is part of the chorus, "We praise you o Lord (or O God) for all Your works are wonderful. We praise you O Lord..."

Post by Guest » Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:28 pm

This is all I can remember of that song, lets see if it jogs some memories for someone else.

Refrain:
We praise you o Lord for all Your works are wonderful. We Praise You o Lord, forever is Your love.

1:
Your led us out of Egypt with Your guiding hand, You formed the land and set the light. You call Your holy nation, Israel. To make us Yours you came.

Post by Guest » Fri Sep 11, 2015 8:06 am

http://www.hymnary.org/tune/your_wisdom ... aigleducot
Composer: Darryl Ducote
(no biographical information available about Darryl Ducote.)
Composer: Gary Daigle
Gary Daigle is director of music at St. Edna Catholic Church in Arlington Heights, IL. His first compositions for musical liturgy were collaborations with the Dameans on the collection Remember Your Love (1978). Gary continues to work with the Dameans as a composer, arranger, and producer. In 1993, he released Praise the Maker's Love, his first collection under his own name. More recent collaborations have been with Rory Cooney. Gary has produced all of Rory's most recent collections and he has set a number of Rory's texts to music. He has also produced recordings by Donna Peña, John Foley, S.J., Jaime Cortez, Liam Lawton, and the GIA Choral Subscription Service recordings. Gary received his Bachelor of Music from Southeastern Louisiana"¦