I'm Not About to Quit

This is where you can post a request for a hymn search (to post a new request, simply click on the words "Hymn Lyrics Search Requests" and scroll down until you see "Post a New Topic").

I'm Not About to Quit

Post by Guest » Fri Aug 24, 2007 2:05 am

Hello,

I'm trying to find the complete lyrics to an old song, "I'm Not About to Quit."

Some of hte lyrics are . . .

Chorus:

I'm not about to quit, I mean to make, it make it all the way
I'm not abou to quit, I mean to see Jesus, Jesus, Jesus someday
I may stumble down and feel unworthy
Sometimes I feel so unfit
But there's one thing about it and I'm gonna shout it
I'm not about, I'm not about to quit

Verses.

You know the battles I fight sometimes get so hard that it seems I surely will fall
The mountains I climb, oh, they press my mind, when I see, when I see just how tall
You know, the river's so wide and the valley's so low,
It's as low as it seems it can get
I will come out with this victory shout that I'm not about, I'm not about to quit.

I read of a man in a far distant land who lost ev'rything that he owned
His children, his health, his cattle, his wealth
Was afflicted and in body made sore . . .

For forty long days nobody could pray . . .
. . . he said "King live forever! my God has delivered."
I'm not about, I'm not about to quit.

Bridge:

Well, the victory's been won through God's only Son,
Well, I may go down swinging, but I'll come up singing,

This is all I have. Any help much appreciated.

I'm Not About to Quit

Post by Guest » Sun Sep 02, 2007 12:44 am

I've found the lyrics, everyone. Praise the Lord!

I'm Not About to Quit

Post by Guest » Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:57 pm

Does anyone know who sang this song originally?

I'm Not About to Quit

Post by Guest » Sat Oct 29, 2011 5:03 pm

3rd VERSE For forty long days nobody could pray**** to Daniel this message was sin. oh, you'll make some feast for some hungry old beast, that's down in the old lion's den. But on that third morning the king came a mourning saying "Daniel, friend how is this?******he said "King live forever! my God has delivered."

2nd verse
Oh job he was tried he prayed and he cried till everything he had was gone his cattle, his health, his friends, and his wealth, his children everything that he owned. "just curse god and die" was his wife's reply in ashes where job humbly said he said " I'll have you to know that I'll put forth my gold" and I'm not about I'm not about to quit.

I'm Not About to Quit

Post by Guest » Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:59 pm

I am still looking for the original group that sang this song. If anyone knows please respond.......

I'm Not About to Quit

Post by Guest » Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:17 am

Old Job was tried, He prayed and he cried, everything around him was gone, his cattle, his wealth, his friends and his health, his children and everything that he owned. Just curse God and die, was his wife's reply, but from ashes where Job humbly sat. he said I'll have you to know, I'll COME forth LIKE gold, cause I'm not about, not about to quit.

I read of a man, in a far distant land, who wrestled with an angel all night.
He prayed and he prayed and he stayed and he stayed til he put up a mighty good fight.
Ole Jacob did say as the angel pulled away while the dawn was breaking the mist. "My patience you're testing, but I want my blessing, I'm not about, not about to quit.

Well Peter and John, in Jesus name, healed the man at the beautiful gate.
The rulers rose up and said this must stop, their hearts were so filled with hate. "If you preach again in the Man's name, it will surely bring you regret"
Said Peter and John, "We've just begun, we're not about not about to quit."

Like Peter and John we've a message to preach and it's written down deep in our hearts. A message of hope, deliverence from sin, from the world it will set us apart. We have a desire to climb up higher. Higher than we've been yet.We're striving for the Bride, we'll not be denied, we're not about, not about to quit.

There are a few more about Daniel in the lion's den...but I have to think on it.

I'm Not About to Quit

Post by Guest » Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:18 am

For thirty long days, nobody could pray, to Daniel a message was SENT.
You'll make a feast for some old hungry beasts that are down in the old lion's den. But on the next morning the King came a moaning "Daniel, friend how is it"
"Oh King live forever, My God has delivered, and I'm not about not about to quit."

I'm Not About to Quit

Post by Guest » Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:51 am

To answer the question about who wrote and sang it, it's a Pentecostal minister from Alabama by the name of Lavanuel Sherrill. Awesome man of God and wrote many songs recorded by top Gospel artists.

I'm Not About to Quit

Post by Guest » Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:36 pm

Donna Carline sang it on Swaggart 10/28/2012 p.m.service

I'm Not About to Quit

Post by Guest » Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:40 pm

I need all the words to this if anyone knows tem, please pass on..

@ [email protected]

Thanks