What cantata is this song from? That night in all of heaven

This is where you can post a request for a hymn search (to post a new request, simply click on the words "Hymn Lyrics Search Requests" and scroll down until you see "Post a New Topic").

Post by Guest » Thu Nov 03, 2011 1:52 pm

I have the piece of That Night.. twas a great song... I can still remember the bumps i felt when the choir sang.. And the heavens exploded with music everywhere...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Glorious indeed.

Post by Guest » Sun Dec 18, 2011 9:29 pm

Went to the program at Dawson Memorial last night for the fifth year in a row. Always loved this song, but never looked for it. I want a professional recording if anyone knows of one. Another powerful one they perform is "I Have Seen the Light.". Both of those get the tears to flowing and the goose bumps to rising!
Zolinda Cochran

Post by Guest » Sun Dec 25, 2011 6:28 am

@ Guest 25 May 2011 14:42

I would love to acquire the accompaniment track, score, and choir books from you. I have 3 copies of the book at this time, and 2 copies of the original LP (one copy of the LP is signed by James D. Woodward and Ronn Huff).

How much do you want for them?

Mash this all together for my email:
Toyota
Okie
C
(at)
yahoo
dot
com

Post by Guest » Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:34 pm

I'm the Wallace Memorial guest from the first page. Hey, other guest that is a LCT Alumnus! *waves* Don't you wish Bruce had recorded that song on the video we made that year? I feel so sad when I realize we could easily have done it for posterity.

I found the Ron Huff octavo book at a Used Book Store in Oak Ridge, TN in summer 2011. If my husband throws it out, he will never hear the end of it.

I can't believe there STILL is not a YouTube video of this anthem. I think I want to call around the churches in the area and find out if they will be doing it with orchestra.
T Caudle

Post by T Caudle » Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:49 pm

That night, in all of heaven, there wasn't a sound, as God and the angels watched the earth. For there, in a stable, the Father's only Son, chose to give Himself through human birth. And when the cry of a baby pierced the universe, once for all men were shown their worth. And the heavens exploded with music everywhere! And the angels spilled over heaven's edge and filled the air! And the Father rejoiced! For He did not lose His Son, but He gained to Himself forever those who'd come!
T Caudle

Post by T Caudle » Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:53 pm

Guest: The combined Sanctuary Choir and Chapel Choir at Dawson Memorial Baptist Church in Birmingham, Alabama perform "That Night" every year at our Candlelight services. Our Minister of Music is Bob Hatfield. The phone number at Dawson is 205-871-7324.

Post by Guest » Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:40 pm

I just bought the original LP for this Cantata online and I am stoked.

Post by Guest » Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:10 am

The Plymouth Park Baptist Church choir performed this song as part of a spectacular Christmas pageant, in the late 80s and early 90s. "That Night" was used as the music for the entry of the kings, and was very impressive. Not a dry eye in the house! The timing was perfect, so that at the final crashing "Amen", the kings had arrived at the manger, and knelt to present their gifts. It was just beautiful. My late husband was one of those kings, and the song will always hold wonderful memories for me.

Post by Guest » Sun Dec 23, 2012 6:04 am

here is a sample of the song that you all are talking about it was performed by Houstons first baptist Choir here is the link to that song on you tube
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9ds4z8apHA

Post by Guest » Tue Dec 25, 2012 11:05 am

I have that music on an old album from First Baptist Church Jacksonville. It's my all time favorite Christmas cantata.