What cantata is this song from? That night in all of heaven

This is where you can post a request for a hymn search (to post a new request, simply click on the words "Hymn Lyrics Search Requests" and scroll down until you see "Post a New Topic").
Strwbfield

Post by Strwbfield » Mon Dec 12, 2005 5:52 am

We sang this song in our Christmas cantata back in the early '80s. The lyrics are as follows:

That night in all of heaven,
There wasn't a sound
As God and the angels watched the earth.
For there in a stable, the Father's only Son
...........(can't remember that line)

Chorus: Then the Heaven's exploded and ..... (can't remember that either)
And the angels spilled over Heaven's edge and filled the air.
And the Father rejoiced
For He did not lose His Son
But He gained to Himself
Forever those who'd come!

Does anyone know the name of the cantata? I've racked my brain and Google for several years now.

Post by Guest » Wed Dec 21, 2005 5:26 am

I wish I could answer the question. I googled the song, and all I found was your question! But I can give you the full lyrics.

THAT NIGHT

That night in all of Heaven there wasn't a sound
As God and the angels watched the Earth.
For there, in a stable the Father's only Son
Chose to give Himself through human birth.
And when the cry of a baby pierced the universe
Once for all, men were shown their worth.

And the heavens exploded, with music everywhere.
And the angels spilled over heaven's edge and filled the air.
And the Father rejoiced, for He did not lose His Son,
But He gained to Himself forever those who'd come.

Post by Guest » Sat Dec 24, 2005 6:12 pm

I'm also looking for this song. The only phrase I recalled was "Angels spilled over heaven's edge and glory filled the air."

Post by Guest » Sun Dec 24, 2006 3:04 am

Don't know the Cantata as of yet, but I'm singing the song tomorrow morning, Christmas Eve. It's called "That Night" with words and music by John W. Thompson. My arrangement is by Ronn Huff, and it's copyrighted 1976 in general and 1978 for this particular arrangement by Paragon Music Corp and ASCAP International. If I find out which Cantata, I'll post it.

Post by Guest » Tue Jun 26, 2007 9:11 pm

Where did you find your arrangement by Ronn Huff? Is it a piano arrangement or on an accompanyment track? PLEASE let me know. I am searching for this beautiful song as well.

Thank you and God bless,

Kitty L.

Post by Guest » Sat Oct 20, 2007 2:13 pm

Hello. Guest here. I have been searching for this song since the early 70's. My daughter's school performed it one Christmas season, with 3 combined school choirs...about 250 kids and members of the Denver Symphony helping out their orchestra. The concert was recorded on vinyl, but unfortunately, without a song list. It was recorded as is, with coughing people and crying babies in the background. Still worth listening too, though. I later transferred it to cassette.

So every Christmas season I find myself at the counters with the inexpensive music collections, searching for any that have a title that might even be close to it. I've spent a fair amount of money bringing home those cassettes, only to be disappointed. Then a few years ago I was able to start searching for it via the web.

This is the most information I have been able to find out about the song in all these years! I've tried google with the information here, but I'm still not finding anything else.

So here I am, reviving an old thread, in the hopes that more information has been found by the members here.
mommabear

Post by mommabear » Sat Oct 27, 2007 3:59 pm

I decided to register so it's me. "Guest here". I was able to find out this much:
Paragon discography list:

http://www.bsnpubs.com/word/newpax.html

PR-33056 - Now...This Is Christmas - Truth [1978] Here We Come A' Caroling-Caroling, Caroling/Do You Hear What I Hear?/Go Tell It On The Mountain/Come To My Heart, Lord Jesus/The Birthday Of A King-O Come, All Ye Faithful//Christmas Day, So Long Ago/How Great Our Joy/Jesus Christ And Bethlehem (Have All Been Left Behind)-Silent Night/That Night/For Unto Us A Child Is Born

http://www.mymusicway.com/labels/paragon.html

Post by Guest » Mon Nov 26, 2007 1:13 am

Mommabear - you've helped me tremendously!

The name of the Cantata is "Unto us a Son is Born". There's a site that will make a copy of the music for you - but it comes at a price. I've tried to get in contact with the Marietta Community Choir which sang this Cantata as late as 2000 - but they are apparently defunct.

VERY frustrating - but good to know I'm not alone in my frustration!

Post by Guest » Sat Dec 01, 2007 1:02 am

The contata is actually "Unto Us A Child is Born". Distributed by Alexandria House in Alexandria Indiana. It was item # PPM50017. Words & Music by John W. Thompson, SATB Choir by Ronn Huff.
mommabear

Post by mommabear » Sat Dec 01, 2007 1:19 pm

If anybody would like to hear it again for old time's sake, here's the mp3 from my daughter's concert. It's cleaned up a little bit (scratchiness etc) and the applause is still at the end. But it's not bad.

http://rapidshare.com/files/65568034/01 ... t.zip.html