What cantata is this song from? That night in all of heaven

This is where you can post a request for a hymn search (to post a new request, simply click on the words "Hymn Lyrics Search Requests" and scroll down until you see "Post a New Topic").

Post by Guest » Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:22 pm

I was in the Oklahoma Baptist Festival Choir that recorded this song on June 1-2, 1978, for the original album. "That Night" was my favorite!

Post by Guest » Fri Feb 05, 2010 3:31 am

So does anyone have music and/or accompaniment for this? I don't know the song, but love the lyrics. I'm 1/3 of a women's trio and we are always looking for great, meaningful music.

I'm also looking for music and/or accompaniment for the cantata "Everlasting Light: A Christmas Carol for a Dark World." Love the song "Light of a Million Mornings" in that one.

Also looking for a song called "Small Wonder" from a Christmas cantata, the name of which I can't recall. The lyrics are:

Small wonder, tiny miracle; Simple beginning of such a mighty plan.
Small wonder, tiny miracle; Holy God became a man." etc.

Carol
[email protected]

Post by Guest » Thu May 13, 2010 4:21 pm

I also sang this song at Central Cabarrus High School in the late 80's, I never forgot it, it was one of my favorite songs that we did. I couldn't remember all the lyrics either.

Post by Guest » Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:47 pm

I am looking for the accompaniment of the Light of a Million mornings. Does anyone have the CD version of it or a high quality mp3?

Thanks

Melvic
[email protected]

Post by Guest » Mon Sep 20, 2010 3:52 am

We also sang "Unto Us a Child is Born" which has "That Night" as the finale.
It was arranged for Festival Choir and Orchestra by Ronn Huff. I purchased the reel to reel accompaniment recording, but alas times changed and the tape is no more. I tried to contact the publisher thinking the master of the recording would still exist somewhere and could again be purchased.

That company is tango uniform and unavailable. The only hope is if some other party kept a tape and could transfer it to CD. I'm in for fifty bucks if anyone does. Also I have a copy of the Cantata.

[email protected]

Post by Guest » Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:10 pm

I have been looking for this song since the first and only time I heard it at my children's Christmas play at their school in the 80's. I have never found anything on it until now and I would love to find the music. Does anyone have a copy of the sheet music, or a tape? It is the most beautiful Christmas song I have ever heard.
[email protected]

Post by Guest » Thu Oct 14, 2010 3:38 pm

Looking for the composer/arranger of the musical, "Images of Christmas, Suites 1-4. Publisshed by Alexandria House out of Alexandria, Indiana.

Thanks!! Gib Rogers

[email protected]
Jmel513

Post by Jmel513 » Tue Nov 23, 2010 5:03 am

I sang "That Night" in high school, and I haven't been able to find it anywhere on the internet, Youtube, or Itunes I do have the sheet music though!!! :)

Post by Guest » Mon Dec 20, 2010 6:32 am

To the guest from Wallace Memorial....I probably know you...I performed on the Tree for 10 years and was at the 25th anniversary performance.

To answer you question about the sheet music....WMBC no longer has it. Once the new choir director took over, he gave away the majority of the music amassed prior to his arrival. I know of a church near Rogersville that recieved some.

I had always wondered why they no longer performed this song...as we all loved it so much. I find it a shame.

Post by Guest » Mon Dec 20, 2010 3:08 pm

Dawson Memorial Baptist Church in Homewood (Birmingham), Alabama includes "That Night" in their Candlelight service every year. I attended it last night and found this thread while searching for the song. Hard to believe that the only recording on the entire internet is mommabear's (thanks for that, by the way!).

I will check with the folks at Dawson and see if they've recorded it, and if so I will return to let y'all know.

Merry Christmas!

-DMaguire27