What cantata is this song from? That night in all of heaven

This is where you can post a request for a hymn search (to post a new request, simply click on the words "Hymn Lyrics Search Requests" and scroll down until you see "Post a New Topic").
mommabear

Post by mommabear » Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:12 pm

Update! I may have found a source for the Truth album.
Christmas albums: If you see an + or * at the end of the listing it means there is a digital archive available. All titles here are available on cd as well, but the ones marked mean I already have an archive of it on cd.

Please e-mail me for availability and payment options/details at [email protected]
http://www.spinone80.com/others.html

About 3/4 down the page....

00.00 Truth-Now This Is Christmas! 78 Paragon (orig. cover)+

This is the "About" page with more information.

http://www.spinone80.com/digital.html

I don't have or do PayPal. But maybe someone else will want to check it out.

Post by Guest » Thu Dec 23, 2010 1:11 am

That Night? Not sure where it is from - BUT our choir is performing it for xmass eve service at 6 + 9 pm 2010 :) Newport Beach, CA at sapres.org - and we're good too :) A lot of the Chrystal Cathedral choir is starting to mingle over ... :) Great Music!

Post by Guest » Fri Dec 24, 2010 8:30 pm

If memory serves me, it is from the Christmas chorale "Cradle The King With Praise". Beautiful.

Post by Guest » Sat Dec 25, 2010 2:31 pm

The song "That Night" is also part of CHRISTMAS FOR ALL TIME 1988 Benson Co. John E. Coates, 1988.

Post by Guest » Sun Jan 02, 2011 1:44 am

This song was presented on the "Haven of Rest" radio program - late '70's. It may be possible to post a copy on You Tube if it isn't copy protected.

Post by Guest » Wed May 25, 2011 12:42 pm

I was just browsing the web site and realized the questions were about the music that I have for the cantata "Unto Us a Child Is Born." I directed the church orchestra and choir and have the orchestrations; director's copy; accompaniment tape and choir books. Now they are just packed in a box.
Anyone interested?

Post by Guest » Mon Jul 11, 2011 6:31 pm

In the Netherlands I was listening for the record For unto us a child is born for several years it was my favorite! Now being a conductor myself I would like to perform it with an orchestra and a choir. Does anyone have a conductors score or parts for the orchestration? And choir parts? I would like to pay for a copy of each or buy the original set. Please reactions by mail: [email][email protected].[/email] My name is Dick Dijk.

Post by Guest » Mon Jul 11, 2011 6:36 pm

I am also looking for twenty years now! for a copy of the song called John Henry or This Ol Hammer by Robert Shaw and or Alice Parker. It was sung at the lp Deep River by the late Robert Shaw Chorale and recently at a cd by the Cantus Male Ensemble. I can not find the arrangement for years! Is there anyaone who van purchase me a copy? I can send some beautiful male Dutch arrangements in return. Please surprise to Dick Dijk, Hoofdstraat 6 9921 PB Stedum The Netherlands. Also looking for mail friends conducting choirs and orchestra's
mail to [email protected]

Post by Guest » Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:02 am

That Night is from the musical "Portraits Of Christmas". You can find the Christ's church choir in Australia singing a vocal copy to learn by. We did it at our church in 2001.

http://www.wordmusic.com/item/080689338175

Post by Guest » Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:24 am

Click on the word press link above and then click on the very last sample song at the bottom of the list.(Dont know why, but the sample next to the song "That Night isn't the right sample. lol)
Click on the very last one. This is a beautiful arrangement..It grows and grows and goes right into "Fall on your knees, oh hear the angel voices" and then back to the chorus of That Night again. Magic.