He's everything to me

This is where you can post a request for a hymn search (to post a new request, simply click on the words "Hymn Lyrics Search Requests" and scroll down until you see "Post a New Topic").

He's everything to me

Post by Guest » Mon Dec 04, 2006 1:18 pm

This song came across my mind this morning when I was doing devotions with my three sons. We were talking about What do I Know to be True About GOD today? and that's when the song came to mind. Believe it or not, I remembered it but not all of it.
When I was growing up in St. Kitts, we had assembly every morning in school and we sang songs of priase. It was there that I learned this song, among many others. I was in 1st grade at the time.
GOD is truly amazing!!!!!
Thank you so much for posting the words here on your site.
Avonelle

He's everything to me

Post by Guest » Tue Jan 23, 2007 4:25 am

I too am 47 years old. I also put the title of the song in a search engine to find who wrote or sang the song. In the late 1960's I attended a Leighton Ford Crusade in Erie Pennsylvania where this song was printed up and sung. I never forgot the words or the tune. I heard it said recently that we will be familiar with some songs in heaven since some of the ones we sing here originated there. " That will be glory, be glory for me." Blessings from PA

He's everything to me

Post by Guest » Mon Jan 29, 2007 3:38 pm

Thank you for all the words to this song! I used to sing it in youth group. There were other great songs from that era that the youth of today dont know --a favotite was one was called "I believe in you"that had as part of the lyrics--Sunday morning I read your book by colored light that came in through a pretty window picture...they passed a basket with some envelopes I just had time to write a note a note and all it said was I believe in you" Remember? Too bad they dont use these old songs!!
BassSinger64

He's everything to me

Post by BassSinger64 » Thu Feb 01, 2007 1:01 am

Yes, you found the one you wanted. But the first one I thought of was the one written by Kate Ulmer, music by Hamp Sewell, from 1907. We sang in church when I was a boy -- in the early 1950's. Found it on "Cyberhymnal" with a title the same as the 1st line.

IN SIN I ONCE HAD WANDERED
(HE'S EVERYTHING TO ME)
W. by Kate Ulmer 1907 M by Hamp Sewell
http://www.cyberhymnal.org/htm/i/n/insionce.htm
Words also attributed to Kate Byron

1. In sin I once had wandered, All weary, sad, and lone,
Till Jesus through His mercy -- Adopted me His own.
E'er since I learned to trust Him, His grace doth make me free,
And now I feel His pardon, He's everything to me.

Refrain:
He's everything to me, From sin He sets me free,
His peace and love my portion -- Through all eternity!
He's everything to me, More than I dreamed could be.
O praise His Name forever! He's everything to me.

2. In sin no more I'll wander; He's Pilot, Friend, and Guide;
He brings me joy and singing; His Spirit doth abide.
A blessèd, loving Savior, The Lamb of Calvary!
He purchased my redemption. He's everything to me.

Refrain

3. No longer will I stray from -- His tender, loving care;
Like Him to be my purpose, My aim, my constant prayer.
And when He bids me welcome -- Throughout eternity,
I'll praise His Name forever. He's everything to me.

Refrain

He's everything to me

Post by Guest » Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:29 am

This song has been on my mind lately. I used to sing it in youth choir in about 1967/68. I was just asking my Pastor last night if he knew it. I sang all that I could remember for him but he didn;t know it. So today out of despairation I googled it and found it here. God indeed is mindful of our needs,

He's everything to me

Post by Guest » Thu Feb 15, 2007 2:30 am

I run the sound system at our church and the worship leader is my boss. I was singing this song at lunch the other day and was looking for the lyrics. Googled it and here I am. Thank you. Marshall Vorhies
steveliu
Site Admin

He's everything to me

Post by steveliu » Thu Feb 15, 2007 5:45 am

Thank you all for sharing your great stories about how this song has touched you.

To answer Guest's question from a few months back, the sheet music is available in a number of compliations on SheetMusicPlus.com:

He's Everything to Me

He's everything to me

Post by Guest » Tue Mar 06, 2007 5:02 am

I loved this song when I was growing up. I first heard it at Mount Hermon in Santa Cruz California. THANK YOU
Margaret A Norman

He's everything to me

Post by Guest » Sat Mar 24, 2007 2:49 am

great site,praise the LORD. jim

He's everything to me

Post by Guest » Thu Mar 29, 2007 4:07 pm

I would like to find the music and the words to the Hymn "You never Mentioned Him to Me"