need lyrics - Streets of gold

This is where you can post a request for a hymn search (to post a new request, simply click on the words "Hymn Lyrics Search Requests" and scroll down until you see "Post a New Topic").

Post by Guest » Thu Jan 19, 2006 4:28 am

hello, does anyone know the lyrics to a song that goes... streets of gold i now am walking up the straight and narrow way took a drink of living water coming down from God on high. and something like i'll be wearing a clean white robe and cry i made it thank God i made it my feet have touched the streets of gold. i remember hearing this song on my moms old 8track tape player when i younger and i would love to know all the words to this song. the last time i heard this song i think the living waters trio sang it. i would really appreciate any help.. God bless
steveliu
Site Admin

Post by steveliu » Sat Jan 21, 2006 9:51 pm

Could this be it?

As my soul has left its body,
which was made of earth and clay,
An angel of the Lord carried me through the Eastern Gates.
As His nail scarred hands caressed my soul
H gave me a clean white robe.
And I cried, "I've made it, thank God, I've made it!
My feet have touched the streets of gold!

Streets of gold, right now I'm walking
Just past the Tree of Life.
Took a drink of living water,
Flowing down from God on high!
I now see Hallelujah Square
And a mansion that won't grow old!"
And I cried, "I made it, thank God I've made it!
My feet have touched the streets of gold!"

May we all sing this song some day.

God bless,
Steve

Post by Guest » Sun Jan 22, 2006 4:36 am

Steve,
I want to thank you so much for posting these lyrics. I have wanted these for so long. I had a really depressing day today and I was thinking about how when we get to heaven how peacful it will be. I am looking forward to that so much. When i got on this site and saw that you had posted these lyrics it was like God had just spoken right to my heart. I really love this site and I hope that God blesses your life abundantly for dedicating your life to helping people like me finding words of praise to worship Him in song. May God Bless You!!!!!!
sherry

Post by Guest » Tue Apr 25, 2006 3:02 am

Now my earthly life is over
I have made the narrow way
and the Crown of Life I'm wearing
on the streets of gold today
I'm now touring that Holy City
Shouting down an endless road
and I cried I've made it, Thank God I've made it
my feet have touched the streets of Gold

Post by Guest » Fri Jun 02, 2006 7:43 pm

THIS SONG WAS SUNG AT MY GRANDFATHER'S FUNERAL. HE WAS A VERY GODLY MAN, ALTHOUGH HE RARELY TALKED ABOUT HIS FAITH. HE SIMPLY LIVED IT. A SONG MORE FITTING COULD NOT BE FOUND. I HAVE SEARCHED FOR THE LYRICS WITHOUT SUCCESS UNTIL NOW. THANK YOU

Post by Guest » Sat Feb 09, 2008 11:47 pm

thank you so much for the words. I sing at our church. I remember singing this song years ago and could not remember all the words.
thank you again for the words

Post by Guest » Thu Jun 12, 2008 8:13 pm

Thanks! I have only heard this song twice. Once ten years ago when my cousin sang it at my grandmothers funeral, and today when someone else sang it at his. Does anyone know who recorded this song and where I can maybe get a copy of someone singing it? I would love to have a soundtract but I wouldn't have a clue. He sang this often at his church, but I was never there so only got to hear him sing it once. What a beautiful song!!! And so fitting for the funeral of a dedicated Christian. I'd love to learn it but would needs both words and music or to hear it more.

Post by Guest » Wed May 27, 2009 5:06 pm

Did anyone ever answer the last question on this thread, which was " Does anyone know who recorded this song and where I can maybe get a copy of someone singing it?", Because this is the same question I have, and would also like a copy of someone singing this beautiful song. I heard it sung accapella at a funeral and it was awesome. Thanks Very Much

Post by Guest » Fri Jun 12, 2009 6:23 pm

The Inspirations Quartet from Bryson City, NC

Post by Guest » Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:50 pm

Any links in which to hear this song available?