The Unseen Hand

This is where you can post a request for a hymn search (to post a new request, simply click on the words "Hymn Lyrics Search Requests" and scroll down until you see "Post a New Topic").

The Unseen Hand

Post by Guest » Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:31 pm

thank u all very much

The Unseen Hand

Post by Guest » Thu Oct 25, 2007 6:13 pm

I have to disagree with one of the other guests about the author of "The Unseen Hand." Although Dottie Rambo is very much associated with the song, she did not actually write it. A.J. Sims of Dalton, GA wrote the song.

He was my great-grandfather. He worked in the Crown Cotton Mill, was called to preach, taught music and wrote many, many hymns. "The Unseen Hand" was published by Rambo/Benson. Although he died in 1969 before I was born, his musical tallents are still legendary in the family. "The Unseen Hand" was sung at my grandmother's funeral three years ago. It was very comforting to all of those around.

Thankfully, Dottie Rambo has been able to share it with many others over the years.
dreamklaiber

The Unseen Hand

Post by dreamklaiber » Fri Oct 26, 2007 9:36 pm

This is a wonderful song! As a little girl we had it on an album by the Singing Cookes! Oh Mrs. Cooke could sing that song! Was wondering if there are any other fans of the Singing Cookes back in the seventies and eighties?

The Unseen Hand

Post by Guest » Wed Jan 09, 2008 12:48 pm

Thanks also for the words, but does anyone have the music for this song?
whiteyowhite

The Unseen Hand

Post by whiteyowhite » Thu Jan 10, 2008 12:55 am

Go to the eleventh post on this page and you can click onto the site Steve has posted there to find the music.

The Unseen Hand

Post by Guest » Sun Feb 10, 2008 12:53 am

it isalso in the ne songs of inspiration volume nine hyme book page 21, would anyone know where I could find the guitar chords to this song I can`t seem to figure it out

The Unseen Hand

Post by Guest » Sun Feb 10, 2008 3:04 pm

Last night as I was in bed, this song came to me. It must have been 20 years when I heard the song sang. You blessed my heart today by giving me the words to the song God brought to me last night.

Thank You!
brentb

The Unseen Hand

Post by brentb » Wed Feb 20, 2008 1:14 am

Well I have figured out the verse out its played in the key of C but having trouble figuring out the chorus cant seem to get it to sound right on the first line of the chorus could some one help. Anyone intrested you can find it in the new songs of inspiration volume nine page 21
whiteyowhite

The Unseen Hand

Post by whiteyowhite » Wed Feb 20, 2008 2:46 pm

My book-- Songs of Faith has the first part of the chorus as

I'm holding to-----the unseen hand, that guides me thru----this weary land;

The Unseen Hand

Post by Guest » Thu Feb 28, 2008 2:19 pm

Thank you, I needed both the words anf the author. Last night during our mid-week service, the Pastor was being inspired by the Lord and the Holy Spirit fell again upon the congregation. It was a tremendous message of faith, healing, and the movement of God. God moved in the service and we learned to be quiet and listen to that still small voice. The inspiration of God was strong and during his message, the Pastor said one time, three small words that struck home, "The Unseen Hand". I had to do some research.