Sin is To Blame

This is where you can post a request for a hymn search (to post a new request, simply click on the words "Hymn Lyrics Search Requests" and scroll down until you see "Post a New Topic").
Joel

Sin is To Blame

Post by Joel » Tue Jan 22, 2008 12:29 am

This song was in an old hymnal for campmeeting use. One verse starts off with: "See yonder man in prison he dwells. Sin is to blame. sin is to blame. List to the story he plantively tells. Sin is to blame for it all.
I'm looking for the lyrics, music, and a hymnal.

Sin is To Blame

Post by Guest » Fri Feb 20, 2009 3:05 pm

Is this what you are looking for.

SIN IS TO BLAME

See yonder man in the prison he dwells, Sin is to blame, sin is to blame; List to the story he plaintively tells, Sin is to blame for all.
Sin is to blame for all sorrow, Sin is to blame, sin is to blame; Have you no hope for tomorrow? Sin is to blame for it all.
Many dear children are crying for bread, Sin is to blame, sin is to blame; Father's a drunkard and mother is dead, Sin is to blame for all.
Heart-broken mothers all sad and alone, Sin is to blame, sin is to blame; Helpless and needy, no place to call home, Sin is to blame for all.
Thousands refuse to accept His free grace, Sin is to blame, sin is to blame; All who reject Him have chosen their place, Sin is to blame for all."
-- J. H. V.

THE END

Sin is To Blame

Post by Guest » Sat Dec 19, 2009 2:52 am

Boy, this song will sure fill you with the joy of the Lord now, won't it?

I think most sinners both in and out of church realize that sin is to blame. What they need to hear is that Jesus still loves them and has some amazing grace to offer if they will surrender to Him.

I looked this up because I couldn't believe people would actually sing this song. My daughter heard this being sung at a service at a nursing home followed by "Joy Unspeakable and full of glory".

Sin is To Blame

Post by Guest » Tue Jul 13, 2010 4:03 am

thanks soooo much for the words of this song I have been looking for them.

what about " There's all seeing eye watching you" something like 'everytime you take that drink and .....'

Sin is To Blame

Post by Guest » Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:39 am

old songs tell it like it is. people don't like hearing that they are sinners but once we come to the point when we confess our sins, well... the Truth WILL set us free indeed.

Sin is To Blame

Post by Guest » Tue Dec 03, 2013 5:48 pm

IF you have not already found it, the song in the Red Back Church Hymnal
grammamil

Sin is To Blame

Post by grammamil » Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:17 pm

Do you know where I can find the sheet music for this?

Sin is To Blame

Post by Guest » Wed Dec 28, 2016 6:02 am

I too have been searching for the words. Mother snd I sang it as duet many years ago. When I remember her singing it's like she's still with me.
[email protected]

Re: Sin is To Blame

Post by [email protected] » Fri Jan 25, 2019 8:13 am

Guys.... Love the song from many years ago

Forgot how the music went

Can someone.... SING IT FOR ME

ON A AUDIO/OR VIDEO

YOU ARE AN ANGEL OF mercy