Behold the Lamb

This is where you can post a request for a hymn search (to post a new request, simply click on the words "Hymn Lyrics Search Requests" and scroll down until you see "Post a New Topic").
joesmom

Behold the Lamb

Post by joesmom » Tue Feb 12, 2008 1:24 am

Does ANYONE know who originally sung the song

Behold the Lamb of God sent from Heaven
To take the sins of this old world all away
Behold the Lamb of God freely given
They're crucifying my SAvior today.

And they are nailing....
His precious body to the cross now...
Is that a soldier I see piercing his side...

etc. If you need more let me know.

Thanks!!!

I can't find this info ANYWHERE!!!
melody922

Behold the Lamb

Post by melody922 » Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:17 pm

The Happy Travelers Quartet use to sing this. My mom use to have an old record of them but I'm not sure what happened to it. I've tried to find it online but have had no luck. Hope this helps you.

Behold the Lamb

Post by Guest » Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:18 pm

1) Who's that man with the cross on his shoulders. Bowing down beneath his heavy load. Is there noone to relive him of his burden. To help him walk that long lonely road.
2) Is he tired, is he bleeding, is he crying. Struggling now to climb Calvary's hill. They are mocking his name and casting lots now. The earth has darkened the leaves now stand still.
3) They are nailing his precious body to the cross now. Is that a soldier I see piercing his side. I hear him asking father please oh please forgive them. This is Gods' son (or your son) whom the world crucified.

cho) Behold the lamb of God freely given, to take the sins of this old world all away. Behold the lamb of God sent from heaven. They're crucifying our Savior today.

I believe this to be right as we sung it and compared to other posts.

Behold the Lamb

Post by Guest » Mon May 18, 2015 1:31 pm

Dianne Wilkinson wrote this. You will remember her from big tunes such as "Boundless Love" and "We Shall See Jesus."