If I could just touch , the hem of his garment

This is where you can post a request for a hymn search (to post a new request, simply click on the words "Hymn Lyrics Search Requests" and scroll down until you see "Post a New Topic").
jslease

Post by jslease » Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:36 pm

Msbubrry (10/16/09) has the lyrics that are very close to the author's original. The author of the song was Rev. Glen Rice from Stroud, OK. He wrote the song back in the 1950's. Rev. Glen Rice was a pastor in the Pentecostal Holiness Church for many many years. He pastored at Thayer, MO and Stroud OK. This song has been sung at many campmeetings and pentecostal services. Somewhere in the late 80's the Spencer Family was looking to record it and contacted Bro. Rice, gave him the copyright, recorded it and had it printed in one of their songbooks. The copy in the songbook is a tiny bit different than the way Bro. & Sis. Rice sang it. Rev. Rice passed away in November 2004 at the age of 96 and is burried in Bristow cemetery.

Any questions, email me. I knew the author personally for almost 40 years. My email is [email][email protected].[/email] Anyone that remembers Glen & Ruby Rice, please contact me.

Jean Slease
lovejesus1

Post by lovejesus1 » Sat Jan 29, 2011 4:14 pm

love to have guitar chords thanks GOD BLESS YOU SIGN LOVE JESUS 1

Post by Guest » Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:01 pm

I am looking for the sheet music to the hem of his garments by the spencers. i have googled and binged and still can't find it. any ideas?

thanks

Post by Guest » Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:53 am

The Dry Branch Branch Fire Squad have this song on their CD "Memories That Bless and Burn." Their version is slightly different from the lyrics posted here. If you're never heard this group, check them out on YouTube. And buy their CD's, too. They're my favorite bluegrass group. I saw them at Merlefest In Wilkesboro, NC in 2003 and they're the best group that I have ever seen there. I go every year all four days. Louise A.

Post by Guest » Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:59 pm

Barnabas was a Jew born in Cyrus. His name was Joses,
and due to his devotion to the cause of Jesus, the other apostles had given him the surname of Barnabas; this term is variously translated as "Son of Consolation" or "Son of Exhortation".
He was a successful preacher with a magnetic personality. Any one tormented by the clash of creeds found solace and peace in his company. His eminence as a man who had been close to Jesus had made him a prominent member of the small
group of disciples in Jerusalem who had gathered together
after the disappearance of Jesus. They observed the Law of
the Prophets, which Jesus had come, "not to destroy but, to
fulfil" (Matthew 5:17). They continued to live as Jews and
practiced what Jesus had taught them. That Christianity could
ever be regarded as a new religion did not occur to any of
them. They were devout and practicing Jews distinguished from their neighbours only by their faith in the message of Jesus. for the woman who couldn't find Barnabus in the Bible. This is the correct spelling of his name.
Thank you for this song i have a recording of me and my dad singing this song when I was a little girl and I was searching for all the words so I can sing it at church.. Thank you again.

Post by Guest » Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:26 pm

My grandmother sang this song in church my entire life and my recollection is..." if i could just touch one part of his robe" not some part of his clothes.
msbubrry

Post by msbubrry » Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:53 pm

If there's anyone that's wants the chords that I have for If I Could Just Touch I would be happy to send them to you. Just email me at [email protected] and I'll send them right away. God Bless!
Holyone

Post by Holyone » Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:33 am

I love the song Hem of His Garment Here is another song about the hem of his garment. This song is powerful.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-B7MBdq ... re=related