I'm Going to Die on the Battlefield

This is where you can post a request for a hymn search (to post a new request, simply click on the words "Hymn Lyrics Search Requests" and scroll down until you see "Post a New Topic").

Post by Guest » Wed May 05, 2010 10:30 am

I can't find the song singed Alison Krauss any where please help.

Post by Guest » Mon May 24, 2010 2:59 am

I am looking for history on this song. I would like to know how old it is and who wrote the lyrics and/or melody. If nothing is available, maybe someone knows a senior citizen who can say it has been around since they were young or something like that.

Post by Guest » Sun Aug 08, 2010 6:05 am

The only way I ever heard this song was through my late grandmother. She said my dad who died when I was a baby used to sing it in church all the time and she wanted me to know it. Most of it is similar to the lyrics on here, however she had 2 more verses (I think one person already listed one.):
I'll take this Gospel Trumpet
And I'll begin to blow
Oh Lord if you will let me
I'll blow it wherever I go

Oh Glory be to Jesus
Oh Glory to His name
Salvation makes me happy
Out on this battle plane

Post by Guest » Sun Oct 10, 2010 4:45 pm

I just heard this song in church,we had a missionary,he is 71 and he sang this at the end of the service.

Post by Guest » Sun Jan 08, 2012 5:54 pm

i love this song its great i thank the lord saving my soul
Nila

Post by Nila » Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:44 pm

I really would like to have the chords for "Battlefield" and "Bedside Prayers" Thanks, Nila

Post by Guest » Tue Apr 26, 2016 5:22 pm

Love this song. Heard it in a song service and now I have to learn it. PTL !! Thanks for all your information on this site.

Post by Guest » Sat Jul 16, 2016 11:26 pm

As far as I know the melody is like Down in the Willow Garden or Rose Connelly it is also called. You can see Wikipedia Down in the Willow Garden about who all has recorded that song and such, but I still don't know who wrote The Battlefield lyrics to it instead. I really like the Battlefield song and heard it from old people as a traditional hand-me-down song in West Virginia.

Post by Guest » Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:48 am

Love this song!! I use to sing this song with two of my aunts and my uncle at church!!