Words to hymn "I Am Not Worthy the Least of His Favors"

This is where you can post a request for a hymn search (to post a new request, simply click on the words "Hymn Lyrics Search Requests" and scroll down until you see "Post a New Topic").
Mary Lou

Post by Mary Lou » Tue Jun 10, 2008 3:22 pm

"I am not worthy the least of His Favors
But Jesus left heaven for me"
That all I can remember for sure. I know there is something about dying on Dark Calvary.
Mary Lou

Post by Mary Lou » Tue Jun 10, 2008 4:01 pm

I found them!

I am not worthy the least of His favor,
But Jesus left heaven for me;
The Word became flesh and He died as my Savior,
Forsaken on dark Calvary.

Chorus:
I am not worthy this dull tongue repeats it!
I am not worthy this heart gladly beats it?
Jesus left heaven to die in my place
What mercy, what love and what grace!

I am not worthy the least of His favor,
But "In the beloved" I stand;
Now I'm an heir with my wonderful Savior,
And all things are mine at His hand.

I am not wortly the least of His favor,
But He is preparing a place
Where I shall dwell with my glorified Savior,
Forever to look on His face.

Post by Guest » Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:30 pm

I have been looking for the words and sheet music to this song for a long time. Where can I get the sheet music?

Post by Guest » Sat Mar 13, 2010 10:05 pm

Im sure glad to get the lyrics but is there anyone who can put it to the tune that goes with the song ???

Post by Guest » Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:55 am

The first time I became acquainted with this song was in a piano arrangement by Gloria Roe. I remember the tune but I would have to pick it out on the piano then write the score. I think I am going to search under Gloria Roe. I'll report back if I find it.

Post by Guest » Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:00 am

This song (words & music) as well as about 350 others, was written by my Mother- BEATRICE BUSH BIXLER.

Post by Guest » Thu May 06, 2010 11:18 pm

My wife has been singing this as a solo for over 40 years I accompany her on the piano. It is the only song I can play, but it always moves me spiritually. Who ever you are, daughter of Beatrice Bush Bixler, your mom wrote a great hymn and has been a blessing to thousands.

Wes Sundin

[email protected]

Post by Guest » Sun Jun 27, 2010 10:16 pm

Hello daughter of Bea Bixler. Your Mom was a direct blessing to me and my family. Years and years ago....she was touring through Indianapolis and stayed at my family's home overnight. I'll never forgot it. We had her record at one time, but I'm not sure if my Dad still has it. I still have the small red book of collections. We lost my Mom coming up on four years ago. My Mom was a wonderful mezzo and sang many of your Mom's songs...Life is a Symphony, I am not worthy, and many others. I too am a singer, mostly in the Opera and Musical Theatre genre, but have done quite a few myself. You may remember your Mom talking about Gyneth Luginbill who was a dear dear church friend of our family's. Gyneth has had several strokes, and I'm not sure if she's still living. She and her husband Howard were living in an assisted living facility in Berne, Indiana. Is your Mom still living? If so, please let her know that The Higginbotham's in Indianapolis send our love. I changed my name when I joined the Actors Union years ago, and my name now is John Fuller (Higginbotham.)
sixpocketwilly

Post by sixpocketwilly » Fri Jul 30, 2010 5:23 pm

What a blessing to find out anything about Beatrice Bush Baxler. My uncle, Bill Becker was a song leader in Maywood at the West Suburban Bible Church. He had a vast collection of song books for doing special solos and such. Upon his going to be with the Lord, my aunt Betty willied me that collection. Yesterday I was sitting at my keyboard and the song "I am not worthy" came to mind. After looking in my churches hymnals and others it was dissappointing to not find that song. I knew it must be in one of those song books from my uncle. Fortunately, my aunt had made an alphabetical card file for EVERY song in EVERY book!!! What a labor of love! Pulling the card showed it to be in only one songbook- "Favorites #4' put out by Singspiration Music in 1956. It was a joy to play and sing it to myself and the LORD. (and in my favorite key of F! I've been searching the internet this morning for anything to do with Ms Bixler and stumbled on this web site. I think my 'stumbling' was a gift from God!?! I would love to know more about the woman who wrote the humbling words to this song.