Words to hymn "I Am Not Worthy the Least of His Favors"

This is where you can post a request for a hymn search (to post a new request, simply click on the words "Hymn Lyrics Search Requests" and scroll down until you see "Post a New Topic").

Post by Guest » Thu Oct 07, 2010 3:22 pm

My Bible Study Fellowship lessons this year are from Isaiah. This week we are studying Chapter 6 and this morning I was working on questions from verse 5 - Isaiah speaking of his unclean lips. This song popped into my head from years ago so I did a search and found this website - just like sixpocketwilly! (previous post). How wonderful to learn more about the song and the composer. Thanks.

Post by Guest » Sat Oct 09, 2010 3:10 pm

I once had a copy of the music for "I Am Not Worthy" found in the compilation One Hundred Sacred Favorites put out by Singspiration, Inc. Because a friend of mine sang this song so beautifully -- in the days before I had a copier -- the music was removed from the book and now is lost. So I, too, am looking for the music. Anyone know where I can find it?

Post by Guest » Fri Oct 22, 2010 5:43 pm

This is amazing!! I have just been asked to sing at a meeting next week, for senior citizens - and the theme of the meeting is 'Jesus loves me'. I was thinking and praying about what to sing, and the words of an old song, that I used to sing, came back to me'. But I could only remeber the last two lines - Jesus left heaven to die in my place'what mercy, what love, and what grace, which is why I gogglede, and found this website!!!!After reading 'sixpotwilly', I search among my old music, and found, as he said, my dogeared copy of Singspirations 'Favourites no 4'!!! SO - I will be singing it next Tuesday!

Post by Guest » Fri Nov 05, 2010 8:27 pm

Thank you all for posting this info. I have been singing portions of this song and wanted the rest of the lyrics. Blessings through the shed blood of Jesus!

Post by Guest » Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:32 am

This beautiful song has meant much to me from my early teen years when my Aunt and Uncle stood in our livingroom to sing a beautiful duet of this unforgettable hymn. It has blessed my life many times since and now nearing 67 yrs found myself singing it again in front of the bathroom mirror and missing out on a line wondered what exactly are the other verses. How fantastic to find all I needed to know on google and pulling out our copy of Favorites 4 now can play as well as sing. Thanks to the Lord Who gave the song and for His faithful servant who penned the lines and has blessed countless folk since including me!!!

Post by Guest » Sat Nov 13, 2010 2:41 pm

So nice to find this web page and to read the above comments. Years ago I came across Ms. Bixler's music and have had 'ah-ha' moments every time I have played or sung her pieces. The Breaking of the Bread has been a favorite of mine - the minor and major - telling the story. Some time after I found her music, she came to Kalamazoo, MI, to a Winning Women retreat and was the artist for that weekend 'gathering'. How blessed we were. Does anyone know if there is any kind of a biography concerning Ms. Bixler - I have been searching but at this point have not found. Perhaps I just have not searched enough. God gave her a/the gift. She developed it and used it for HIM - only heaven will reveal the vast impact 'that gift' has made on us. Blessings!!!

Post by Guest » Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:45 pm

This is Beas' daughter, Barb again. I am so moved to read all these posts!! I know my Mom has a great gift & it's wonderful to see that she is so appreciated!! She just had her 94th b-day on Nov. 7th. She is in a nursing home, but still pretty "with-it". Her address, if any of you would like it is: Elderwood
37 N. Chemung St.
Waverly,NY 14892
Her vision is very poor, so any cards or letters that come, I will read to her.

Blessings to you all!!!

Post by Guest » Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:40 pm

I am a first cousin of Bea's; in fact, our homes were side by side in Waverly, New York for many years.

Our extended family has always felt bad that Bea's music didn't receive wider coverage than it did. She was without funds to promote her music but had she been born in this era with the advent of computers and YouTubes and other venues, she would have become far better known. Even so, her following may not be huge but it is constant and the friends she made over her 94 years have become lifelong friends. Her husband, Rev. Clair Bixler, was a Christian and Missionary Alliance pastor for many years so Bea was invited to sing at many C&MA missionary conventions, summer camp meetings and retreats. Those who have her 78 rpm records know they have a treasure. I am waiting for one of today's best known singers, such as Janet Paschall or others from the Gaither Homecoming Series to become acquainted with some of her more popular songs such as "I am Not Worthy," "It May Be Today," "Life Is A Symphony" and so many others, and decide to include it on one of their albums. Her music is so inspired that it deserves world-wide exposure and I feel certain that it will receive just that one day in the not-too-distant future. One thing is certain: when Bea arrives in heaven (she is now 94), she will be invited to sing as soloist with the greatest choir ever assembled. Even at this age and as a resident in a nursing home, she sings and plays for the other patients there. I have never known her to refuse to play and sing for anyone. One other fact that bears mentioning is that Bea was an accomplished pianist as well as composer and vocalist. Had she chosen another vocation, she would easily have become one of the most-recognized pianists with the finest symphonies in America. She chose to dedicate all her talents to the cause of Jesus Christ instead.

Post by Guest » Sat May 21, 2011 6:40 pm

I am very excited to have found the words to "I am not worthy" and I was blown away to find it was written by Bea Bixler. She sang/spoke several times at WMPF/Alliance Women's retreats here in New England. She also spoke at the White Mtn. Chapel in Conway, NH. We knew her for her song, "The Breaking of the Bread" especially. What a small world and even smaller in Christian circles. I have a friend who, I am sure will have "Favorites #4" so I can copy the words and music. Thanks for the info and God Bless
lkives

Post by lkives » Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:28 am

It's after midnight,but I couldn't sleep. I was remembering this song my mother sang when I was a child. I knew Beatrice Bixler had written it I just didn't know where to find it. Glad I found this site. Now I can go to bed knowing where to get help finding the music I love.