Words to hymn "I Am Not Worthy the Least of His Favors"

This is where you can post a request for a hymn search (to post a new request, simply click on the words "Hymn Lyrics Search Requests" and scroll down until you see "Post a New Topic").

Post by Guest » Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:43 pm

Was just listening to a marvelous message from Moody Bible Church. College pastor Eric Knaus preaching from the book of Hosea on God's loves for us.
This song. "I am not worthy" came to mind. I sang it as a youth ( I'm now 71)...I found this great site and reading up of the composer of this song....yes, her songs were such a blessing and continue to be for me as I face my senior years now.

Post by Guest » Thu Sep 26, 2013 6:59 pm

Does anyone have the piano music to this wonderful song, "I Am Not Worthy". I would be willing to pay for it . [email protected]
I was raised in a Grace Brethren Church and sang this song with a group of girls back in the late 1950s.

Post by Guest » Sat Oct 19, 2013 11:21 pm

What inspiring and wonderful stories about this inspiring favorite and Beatrice, the inspired writer. May God bless and comfort her in these advanced years. I ended up on the site because I just heard the music today. I know that I am biased, but please let me humbly say this. No one, I say no one, could sing this song like my father could (his nick name was Bing like in Crosby). He put you into the song. WOW! He is at rest now, but this song reminds me of him. And by the way, his wife and my mom's name was Beatrice. Thank you all for the memories.

Post by Guest » Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:51 am

Beatrice Bush Bixler of Waverly, NY passed away on Nov 15, 2013 at the age of 97. Now she sings before the Throne.
zcomposer

Post by zcomposer » Thu Jul 03, 2014 10:02 pm

In answer to the question about the author's life: it appears that she passed away to be with the Lord Nov 13, 2013.

http://www.morning-times.com/obituaries ... 19965.html

Jay
zcomposer

Post by zcomposer » Thu Jul 03, 2014 10:03 pm

In answer to the request for the sheet music: I have access to it and am willing to share - [email protected]

Post by Guest » Thu Sep 25, 2014 1:09 am

This was so wonderful. I was just singing this song tonight from memory, and couldn't quite recall all of the words or who the composer was, so I came here to find some answers. Thank you all. I used to sing this song as a solo when my husband and I were serving in C&MA churches back in the 80's-90's...I know I have the music somewhere, but I can't put my hands on it right now. This brought back a lot of very pleasant memories. I see that Mrs. Bixler is now singing in glory. I can't wait to hear that heavenly choir someday!
Pam Steiner http://pamelasopenwindow.blogspot.com
PSteiner

Post by PSteiner » Thu Sep 25, 2014 1:19 am

I just found the music! "Singspiration All Time Favorites", copyright 1974 , Singspiration Music compiled by John M. Rasley and Norman Johnson, page 48-49! Yay! This is the version I used to sing, and the song copyright is 1949 by Singspiration, Inc. (See my previous message as a guest above) Pam Steiner

Post by Guest » Tue Oct 28, 2014 12:23 pm

As a teenager I would play 'I am not worthy ' on the organ for my church.
It was so sweet to my ears and I hoped that someone would find it a blessing.

I long to hear such music now in the church. All i see and hear are guitars and drums and praise groups and dancing. The music is similar to what one hears on x - factor or other secular singing on tv. There is little or no decourum ; it does not sound holy to me. The king of King and lord of Lords left heaven, and came all this way to die for me . How glorious and indescribable that is?
It brings tears to my eyes . We can't explain this and is beyond human comprehension .