Words to hymn "I Am Not Worthy the Least of His Favors"

This is where you can post a request for a hymn search (to post a new request, simply click on the words "Hymn Lyrics Search Requests" and scroll down until you see "Post a New Topic").

Post by Guest » Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:08 pm

Friends,
Thank you so much for this song, "I am not worthy."
The first song I sang in Grace College, Winona Lake, IN.
I lost the music.
God bless you-
Friend in Christ,
JSE (no e-mail)

Post by Guest » Sun Oct 02, 2011 1:51 am

We have a hymn sing at our church tomorrow night. And, my wife and I were picking out a few tunes to do with Trombone/Piano. All of a sudden, I realized that we had 2 songs by Beatrice Bixler. So, I said why don't we feature her tunes tomorrow night.
We will be playing I Am Not Worthy, Life Is A Symphony, and It May Be Today. I have been playing these tunes for probably about 40 years now. They are still a blessing today.

Daniel and Marilee Sanborn
Minneapolis, MN

Post by Guest » Fri Jan 06, 2012 2:59 pm

I woke up this morning remembering this old hymn I learned as a teen.
I would often sing in a trio and knew the words by heart. But today I could only remember the first verse and chorus. I searched online and found this site! Thanks to everyone who shared information and especially about the author. What a blessing that she can still sing and play piano at the home and for the Lord!
Jan McMurray, Regina, SK

Post by Guest » Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:10 am

Bea sang for my mother, Shirley L. Keiser, and Father, Rev. James E. Moore's wedding on November 17, 1951 in the Dover Alliance Church. I had the honor of speaking with Bea via telephone several years ago. "I am Not Worthy" is my favorite song and I have sung it as a solo in church. My mom passed away in 1969, but my dad is 86 and still living. We have Bea's album, "I Am Not Worthy." Bea ranks right up there with Fanny J. Crosby as one of the greatest song writers of all time. Barbars, if you get a chance, I would like to hear from you. We live in Montoursville, PA. Jeff Moore [email protected]

Post by Guest » Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:33 pm

I heard this song first when a very godly man came to our church (King Street Baptist Church) to serve as interim pastor. He was singing the song out of a book "Sing High With Roland Felts" and I was his accompanist. It was his favorite and he sang it more than once, which I believe was a real blessing to me. The man's life was the very epitome of this song, so that had a strong impact for me (I was an older teen and the church accompanist). But ever since, the song has meant so much to me. Modern songs echo this scriptural refrain in modern words, but it all takes me back to Beatrice Bixlers' words which, to me, says it best and most accurately from my own heart. Thank you, Mrs. Bixler for your godly faithfulness to record what the Lord showed you so that we all may join with you. What a wonder it will be when we all join together in heaven as I am sure we will and sing a song even higher in glory, but completely in tune with the text of this song.

Tamara W.

Post by Guest » Tue May 08, 2012 3:36 am

I played the song "I Am Not Worthy" this past Sunday at church. I have loved the tune for years but never found the words I think. So i looked up the words tonight and found all these comments. I am grateful for the words too. The piece was in a Singspiration publication called the Gospel Organist arranged by Harold De Cou. Next time I play it I hope to sing it or have a group sing it for others. Janet M.

Post by Guest » Mon May 14, 2012 5:55 am

How wonderful to hear of Beatrice Bush Bixler! I loved "I Am Not Worthy" and "The Breaking of The Bread" when I was a young girl! My cousin, Judy (Kenyon) could play her works beautifully! I had more of a struggle ( as I was not great about practicing my piano lessons) :-/ Those wonderful chords in all her music were amazing!!! I had the privilege of meeting the Bixlers a couple of times when I was young. Once, if I remember correctly was in a Church in Pa. My Dad was speaking there (it may have been the church he was Pastor of) My Dad was Paul Kenyon (he used to play a saxophone) The Bixlers were precious people and I have never forgotten them! My Uncle, was Don Kenyon who taught at Nyack, Simpson, and also St. Paul Bible College! I hope one of the Bixler girls sees this! My Email address is: [email protected]

Post by Guest » Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:13 pm

I know of a lady, Alice Mawer, who is 94 years old, who also is in a rest home. She is still able to be out though, and often comes to church. She wanted me to post a note saying she had heard Beatrice at a concert at our church in Paulding, OH. At that time Beatrice lived in Woodburn, IN. Mrs Mawer still plays some of the music written by Beatrice when she plays the opening part of our Sunday Services. It is always such a pleasure to listen to this music.

Post by Guest » Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:10 am

Can someone tell me if Mrs. Bixler is still living. My mother, Florence Lytle, lived in Chemung, NY and was a classmate of Beatrice in high school. I still remember her visiting the church my father pastored in Rochester, New York. She sat at the old upright piano and sang several of her songs. I would love to send greetings to her if she is still living. Please respond with a post if she is. Dr. Bud Bence, Marion, Indiiana