When Jesus Breaks the Morning

This is where you can post a request for a hymn search (to post a new request, simply click on the words "Hymn Lyrics Search Requests" and scroll down until you see "Post a New Topic").
bnatural

Post by bnatural » Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:01 pm

I am looking for the lyrics and/or sheet music to the old song, "When Jesus Breaks the Morning." It starts off something like this . . . "Time may come and go, men run to and fro. . .

Thanks.
BassSinger64

Post by BassSinger64 » Sat Jul 19, 2008 5:40 am

I copied this from a friend in the 1960's I have mis-placed my SongBook, but here is the Chorus: I will keep my eyes open for my book. I think there are 2 verses that I have copied. Do you have any idea when it was written or who wrote it?

Chorus
When Jesus breaks the morning,
The hosts of heaven will sing,
Hosanna in the Highest,
Right with our conquering King;
We'll clasp our hands together
Around the Great White Throne,
And join the Angels singing,
At last, at last we're home.

Post by Guest » Sat Jul 19, 2008 6:50 am

My Dad and siblings used to sing this song when I was a kid, and I don't remember there being any verses. I would love to know if there were. The 4th line of the chuorus they used to sing like this...."Christ is our conquering King"..
whiteyowhite

Post by whiteyowhite » Sat Jul 19, 2008 1:57 pm

Go to google, type in "When Jesus breaks the morning", click on the first posting, it will take you to the lyrics and you can hear the oak grove Quartet sing this song.