Finding it home

This is where you can post a request for a hymn search (to post a new request, simply click on the words "Hymn Lyrics Search Requests" and scroll down until you see "Post a New Topic").
barbposton

Finding it home

Post by barbposton » Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:06 am

There are two songs by this name,"Finally Home."
1~ Christine Wyrtzen sang an old gospel hymn, beautiful. Done by many artists.
2 ~ L.E. Singer (words) and Don Wyrtzen (Music) wrote a beautiful song (more recent, I think). The piano accompaniment is almost classical, rather than a classic (meaning old and well-loved) hymn.
BOTH CAN BE SEEN AND HEARD ON YOUTUBE.COM
The Singer/Wyrtzen one is by Stephen Hall, with nice video.

Finding it home

Post by Guest » Thu May 30, 2013 2:34 am

the final verse to the song is
''Oh that will be glory for me
glory for me, glory for me
When by His Grace
I shall look on His face..
That will be glory ... be glory for me

Finding it home

Post by Guest » Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:10 pm

There is a beautiful version of Finally Home on the album Beyond the Tears by the Don Marsh Orchestra. If this one speaks to you, you will likely appreciate the other songs on the album as well.

Finding it home

Post by Guest » Sat Nov 02, 2013 8:34 pm

Alvin Martinez of North Valley Baptist Church has a solo version of this. I bought one of his CD's when a tour group from Golden State Baptist College came to our church

Finding it home

Post by Guest » Mon Nov 11, 2013 5:11 pm

My great grandmother wrote this on the inside of her Bible and I read it at my grandmother's memorial service.

Finding it home

Post by Guest » Sun Jan 19, 2014 7:09 am

My wife's father passed tonight lying in bed determined to please HIM with our faith what a comfort this song has been

Finding it home

Post by Guest » Fri Oct 31, 2014 5:53 pm

The version I always used to hear on the radio back in the early 80s was by Steve Boalt. Here's a link to the version on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=goxPWbtBOJI

Finding it home

Post by Guest » Sat Mar 28, 2015 2:56 am

I have been searching for the music for this song for so long... if anyone has the music as well as sheet music for this, please e-mail me at '[email protected]' ... it's so very comforting and beautiful and I would love to be able to sing it for others to comfort them ... thank you. Pani

Finding it home

Post by Guest » Sat Mar 28, 2015 2:58 am

I heard this on a Christian radio station in South Africa many years ago (Radio Good News)... I am searching for the people who were running that radio station because they helped me through a very difficult time of my life and I want to be able to thank them.

Finding it home

Post by Guest » Tue Jun 23, 2015 11:16 am

Johnny Hall also sings this. It's a memorable song.