Can anyone remember the lyrics? My Lord, Lord (oh my Lord) be my shepherd

This is where you can post a request for a hymn search (to post a new request, simply click on the words "Hymn Lyrics Search Requests" and scroll down until you see "Post a New Topic").

Post by Guest » Sun Aug 21, 2011 6:55 pm

The movie was (is) called TIGER BAY. It was Hayley Mills's first movie; it was in black and white, came out in 1959, and is one of my favorite movies of all time. It's absolutely fabulous; her performance was brilliant. Walt Disney saw her in it and brought her to the US and cast her in her first Disney film, POLLYANNA.

Post by Guest » Mon Sep 05, 2011 1:37 am

The version of the tune of "The Lord's My Shepherd" is the one (mentioned by a guest ) called "Brother James Air" by James L Bain, 1840 -- 1925. If it were written in the Key of C major, the first few notes would be something like .... C (middle, half note, perhaps?) ... E (quarter note) ... G (quarter note) ... C (high, half note) ... A (half note) ... B (quarter) ... E (quarter) ... B (half) ... A (half) ... G (quarter) ... C (quarter) ... C (half) ... B (half) ... C (whole?)

Post by Guest » Fri Nov 25, 2011 9:25 am

thanks for the giving me the lyrics javascript:paste_string(document.PForm.message,' :) ')

Post by Guest » Tue Nov 29, 2011 2:42 pm

Nadia,
Thank you for asking about the song. I have been trying for so long to find out who the composer was. My choir children love singing it. I can now get an original copy. At last!
Yvette
Den Miller

Post by Den Miller » Fri Dec 02, 2011 4:18 pm

Re: post on 5th Sep 2011
Thank you but please note we're NOT talking about the Brother James Air, nice though that is, nor any other version. This thread is about the David Palmer version, which has been really hard to find. Anyone who comes across this thread will have almost certainly Googled the lyrics, which are unique to his version. They need to know their search is over and that it's the David Palmer version they are looking for. Please don't confuse them. Please read the history before posting.
Thanks!
Den

Post by Guest » Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:36 pm

This song - the one you were looking for comes from a musical called Holy Boy by David Palmer that was popular in the late 1970s. I always loved it . Don't know if you've found this already!
Best wishes.

Post by Guest » Wed May 16, 2012 7:53 pm

I know I am HOPELESSLY late but the version everyone has looked for and combined their memories to get to was written by David Palmer from Croydon / Purley area. He has his own website and is very approachable if you need music / lyrics. He has written amazing music (Holy Boy, etc) and has put on shows at The Fairfield Halls in Croydon.

http://www.david-palmer.co.uk/pages/biog.htm

I hope that helps anyone in the future.

*Fiona*

Post by Guest » Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:49 am

Yes I have a score too with no name and lots of doodles! Acquired from a school I used to teach at! I used to ask the children to sing it as I drove them in the minibus!!!! Please let me have a copy when you are done. I have been trying to create the score but my software is useless!

Post by Guest » Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:14 pm

i haven't heard this song since primary school. It is so lovely

Post by Guest » Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:32 pm

has anyone found the name of this song yet?