Can anyone remember the lyrics? My Lord, Lord (oh my Lord) be my shepherd

This is where you can post a request for a hymn search (to post a new request, simply click on the words "Hymn Lyrics Search Requests" and scroll down until you see "Post a New Topic").

Post by Guest » Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:34 pm

The Lord is my shepherd I shall not want, I have everything that I need. Near to pastures green by the cooling stream, here He will revive my drooping spirit.
My Lord (oh my Lord) Lord be my shepherd. Let me be your sheep.

I have only just started learning this song at my new secondary school and I genuinely adore this song. My music teacher added in loads of lobely harmonies and I'm very happy to have come across this song. Hopefully I shall never forget it.

Post by Guest » Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:56 am

now does anyone have the guitar chords?

Post by Guest » Sat Sep 06, 2014 9:16 am

I was just looking for the lyrics too but I and my wife have sung this for many years at weddings and services. Here is scan of a photocopy of which we have many too in various states and sizes but attached is my best one if you still want it. Couldn't attach it here on my Mac so have emailed it to [email][email protected].[/email] Maybe you can re-post it for the others who may be interested

Post by Guest » Wed Sep 10, 2014 10:46 pm

Here is one by the Chuck Wagon Gang
The chorus has repeats.

I wandered along down sin's lonesome valley, till I heard a sweet voice saying "Sinner come home". I heeded the call, came to him and repented.
Now I'm happy today, that I'm one of his own.
Chorus
The lord is my shepherd...........
And I shall not want............
In pastures so green he maketh me lie.....
Beside the still waters......
He restoreth my soul......
Oh, Glory to God, I am free and made whole.

I dont recall the last verse, but when I do, I will get back and put it on.

Post by Guest » Mon Oct 06, 2014 12:35 pm

If anyone is in York, we at Acomb Methodist Church are singing Holy Boy on Sunday 21 December.

Post by Guest » Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:12 pm

So late to this party but I happened to be looking for this version too today as we sang it at my high school. There is a version on youtube by said school.
Here's the link https://youtu.be/0c6fCOe7Jy0
If that doesn't work just look up Chisipite Senior School The Lord is My Shepherd
C.king answers

Re: Can anyone remember the lyrics? My Lord, Lord (oh my Lord) be my shepherd

Post by C.king answers » Tue Jul 07, 2020 12:49 am

Has anybody figured this out yet..... its driving me insane im having the same issues!! 🤣😂
LizzieG

Post by LizzieG » Sat Dec 26, 2020 8:05 pm

Yes! I love this song and have been trying to find it!! I can remember how the song goes but I can’t find the sheet music anywhere... I will ask my sister as we used to love playing this on the piano together when we were younger!
‘The Lord is my Shepherd I shall not want, I have everything that I need. Near to pastures green by the cooling stream, here he will revive my drooping spirit… My Lord... Lord be my Shepherd let me be your sheep.... it’s in A minor if that helps!! I will try to find it!
Bless you for reminding me :)

Post by Guest » Sat Feb 18, 2023 8:46 am

LizzieG wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 8:05 pm Yes! I love this song and have been trying to find it!! I can remember how the song goes but I can’t find the sheet music anywhere... I will ask my sister as we used to love playing this on the piano together when we were younger!
‘The Lord is my Shepherd I shall not want, I have everything that I need. Near to pastures green by the cooling stream, here he will revive my drooping spirit… My Lord... Lord be my Shepherd let me be your sheep.... it’s in A minor if that helps!! I will try to find it!
Bless you for reminding me :)
It’s from the Oratorio, Holy Boy by David Palmer.