If We Keep Our Voices Silent

This is where you can post a request for a hymn search (to post a new request, simply click on the words "Hymn Lyrics Search Requests" and scroll down until you see "Post a New Topic").

Post by Guest » Tue Jul 19, 2005 7:53 pm

I'm looking for the hymn that starts with the phrase "If We Keep Our Voices Silent" and goes on something like this: "All creation will rise and shout. If we fail to praise you Father, The very rocks cry out". Thanks for any help you can give - what a great idea!
steveliu
Site Admin

Post by steveliu » Wed Jul 20, 2005 1:25 pm

Hi Guest,

Here's what I could find:

From the corners of creation
Come the people of the Living God.
Ev'ry tongue and ev'ry nation
Gather now to praise the Lord!

If we keep our voices silent,
All creation will rise and shout.
If we fail to praise You, Father,
Then will the very rocks cry out.

From a world of tribulation
Come and let your voice be raised.
Join us now in congregation.
Let the Living God be praised.

If we keep our voices silent,
All creation will rise and shout.
If we fail to praise You, Father,
Then will the very rocks cry out.

I believe the lyrics are copyrighted, so if you plan to use this in a performance, it's included in this book of Tom Fettke Arrangements or this book.

Hope it helps!

Thanks,
Steve

Post by Guest » Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:47 pm

Thanks !! I too was wondering what the choral group on Family Radio was singing. In the last line of the 2nd and 4th verses it sounds like some giberish like "...praise You, Father, then a military box triumph" !

Post by Guest » Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:27 pm

LOL!!

I love this piece but it's been driving me crazy months every time they play it I've been trying to figure out the "military walks right out " something or other. I'm so glad I'm not the only one who was thinking the very same thing!

THANKS, this made my day.

Post by Guest » Fri Mar 19, 2010 5:08 am

I was just wondering who sings this song. I know the words but cant find the music to play it.
thanks,
gwen

Post by Guest » Tue Apr 20, 2010 6:02 pm

The anthem title is 'Then Will the Very Rocks Cry Out''. Words and music by Gary McSpadden, Bill George, John W. Thompson, and Randy L. Scruggs. Arranged by Mark Hayes. Our choir has sung this anthem several times, It's a great anthem!

Post by Guest » Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:18 pm

Thanks for the help. I am, also, trying to find where the passage appears in the Bible. I found it once, but didn't write a note about it. Now, I am looking for it again, but don't know where to look.

Post by Guest » Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:46 pm

so i'm not the only one!!!!
I didn't understand what they were saying family radio, it took me a few tries, until i found this website Thanks SOOOOOO much!

Post by Guest » Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:27 pm

Crazy!! Been listening to Family Radio all day for months now and I hear that song all the time and couldn't make out thwe words. ... just finally googled it to find the words this a.m, TOO FUNNY!! The mystery is solved. God bless you my friends, Jake, St. Petersburg, FL : )

Post by Guest » Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:48 am

I confess...... I too couldn't decipher "then will the very rocks cry out", when Mel Moulder would give his creation talk on Family Radio.
Eventually somehow my brain made the connection with a passage in the Bible that talks about "the very rocks crying out", if someone doesn't praise God, as He so much deserves to be praised.
I love this refrain, because it's so powerful, and Biblical!