Looking Through Your Eyes - Not LeAnn Rymes song

This is where you can post a request for a hymn search (to post a new request, simply click on the words "Hymn Lyrics Search Requests" and scroll down until you see "Post a New Topic").

Post by Guest » Wed May 27, 2009 10:25 pm

I am looking for the same song. SMITE from Liberty University sang it in the late 70's early 80's

Post by Guest » Wed Jun 24, 2009 4:58 pm

There are a couple of albums on www.oldchristianmusic.com where you can listen to the music. Can't seem to find the music or the volume one of "Lift Him Up" which we had here at the church recently.

Post by Guest » Thu Jul 16, 2009 6:38 pm

Finally found the book this was in from 1977, Couple of places had it for different prices.
"Lift Him Up" a songbook for Today's Christians

Compiled and Arranged by Don March.

What I found it uner was "Lift Him Up" Songs to Unite Sing invite Rejoice Adore Share Praise Surrender Trust Exalt Whisper Worship Consecrate.

Post by Guest » Mon Nov 23, 2009 1:59 am

Paul Sandberg from 16 Singing Men used to sing "let me see this world dear Lord" It was beautiful!

Post by Guest » Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:58 pm

The song was written by Mike Otto who was the founder of the group "The Spokesmen"

Mike is an Alumni of Florida Bible College.

The song can be heard on the FBC Alumni Association online radio station.

You can listen to the radio station by going to www.floridabiblecollege.com and clicking on the FBCAA Radio Station link on the top of the page.

There are also other songs from The Spokesmen as well as other FBC groups.

Post by Guest » Sat Jun 26, 2010 11:42 pm

This is wonderful news to find someone else who is familiar with the writer and origin of Looking Through Your Eyes! I am from St. Pete and grew up at Northside Baptist. Bruce Lynam was a friend of Mike Otto and sang this song with his guitar around 1965 - I know because I was there! It is a remarkable, moving and heartfelt piece of work that I still love today. I have a copy somewhere in my tons of music! Linda in Indiana

Post by Guest » Sat Aug 14, 2010 9:11 pm

The song was used back in the 70's by Free Spirit in a musical called Go Tell Your World. I have the background, on reel to reel tape. Need to find a player and change it to a cd.

Post by Guest » Wed Sep 08, 2010 1:59 am

hi. our church choir (in the Philippines) sang that musical cantata "Go Tell Your World" sometime in the late 80s. i was so blessed by it.

the song truly is remarkable. another song in the musical that really touched my heart is the song "Only One Life"

It matters so little
how much you may own,
the places you've been
or the people you've known.
For it all comes to nothing
when placed at His feet.
It's nothing to Jesus
just memories to keep.

Chorus:
Only one life
so soon it will pass.
Only what's done
for Christ will last.
Only one chance
to do His will.
So give to Jesus all your days
It's the only life that pays
When you recall
You have but ONE LIFE.
smiley

Post by smiley » Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:32 am

Hi
I would love to have a copy of the sheet music if anyone has it. Thanks e-mail [email protected]

Post by Guest » Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:08 am

Ive heard the song "looking through His eyes" done by a number of people/groups, but in my opinion, the best version is the one done by Henry and Hazel Slaughter.