WALK ON Walk on for jesus walk on in his name lifting high His blood stained banner...

This is where you can post a request for a hymn search (to post a new request, simply click on the words "Hymn Lyrics Search Requests" and scroll down until you see "Post a New Topic").
kay33payne

WALK ON Walk on for jesus walk on in his name lifting high His blood stained banner...

Post by kay33payne » Sat Nov 15, 2008 2:04 am

I am searching for this song-- Walk On--I think! It goes something like this:
"Sometimes, your pathway may thru uncertainty lie...
Circumstances seem to tell you that there's no reason to try

Walk on, Walk on for Jesus
Walk on in His name
Lifting high-- the blood stained banner
Walk on in His name

Walk on thru shadows where doubts and fears__?__reside?_
He will crown your faith with victory if in him
You will abide...."???

Post by Guest » Fri Apr 05, 2013 3:02 pm

Can anybody add this song on this site : walk on for Jesus

Post by Guest » Mon May 22, 2017 2:50 pm

This song was done by Gold City. Not sure which cd it is on.
songinmyheart

Post by songinmyheart » Mon May 22, 2017 6:23 pm

Hi kay33payne & Guests

Here is a recording and the lyrics.
Not sure they are 100% accurate so
corrections as always are appreciated

Walk On
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFnK1cNStEs

Chorus
Walk on, walk on for Jesus, walk on in His name
Lifting high the blood stained banner, walk on in His name

Sometimes your pathway make you uncertainly lie
Circumstances seem to tell you that's there's no reason to try

Walk on thru the shadows where doubts and fears reside
He will crown your faith with victory if in him we will will abide
blair1611

Re: WALK ON Walk on for jesus walk on in his name lifting high His blood stained banner...

Post by blair1611 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:54 pm

I don’t have a clue how to upload the song, but thanks for asking and posting the lyrics you knew. I was playing piano before church and this song came to mind. I remembered the first verse and chorus, but I could not remember a word of the second verse. After reviewing your post, I am positive you posted the second verse with every word correct!!! I do remember our youth group in church years ago opened the song with the chorus, then the first verse, repeated the chorus, sang second verse, then ended by singing the chorus twice. It’s a short song, so don’t hesitate to sing the chorus twice after second verse. Many times we had people praying in the alter and kept repeating the chorus about four times, and sometimes sang the entire song again. I also remember after the second verse, we sang the chorus acapello, then sang the chorus again, with music the second time.