Name/Lyrics to hymn needed - oh what a day our first day in Heaven

This is where you can post a request for a hymn search (to post a new request, simply click on the words "Hymn Lyrics Search Requests" and scroll down until you see "Post a New Topic").

Post by Guest » Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:49 am

Hi. My grandfather heard this song and desperately wanted the lyrics so he could play it. He recorded it onto a tape from off the tv and I could grasp a few words. If anyone can please tell me the official name of the hymn and/or direct me to the full lyrics I would be so grateful. Here is what I could decipher from the tape:

....and all the saints they will be singing glory glory to the land. what a day our first day will be. oh what a day our first day in Heaven.....and he'll say my child I welcome........what a day our first day will be.

I know it's not much but if anyone can recognize this song I know my grandfather would be so happy. He just fell in love with the song when he heard it.

Thank you so much!

Post by Guest » Wed Feb 25, 2009 3:02 am

The title of the song is "Our First Day in Heaven" and the Singing Cookes sing it. there may be other groups that sing it as well, but that's the only one I've heard. It is a beautiful song! deb