Searching for title of old song - He was wounded for our transgressions

This is where you can post a request for a hymn search (to post a new request, simply click on the words "Hymn Lyrics Search Requests" and scroll down until you see "Post a New Topic").
Avis

Post by Avis » Sat Mar 07, 2009 6:55 pm

The song has these lyrics "He was wounded for our transgressions, He was bruised for our iniquities; oh surely He bore our sorrow, and by His stripes we are healed.". If anyone could help me out with the title, I would appreciate it; my sisters and I sang it in the 60's and 07s. Thank you

Post by Guest » Mon Mar 09, 2009 2:27 am

I am looking for this song AT THE FEAST OF BENCHAJER AND A THOUSAND OF HIS LORDS WHEN THEY DRANK FROM GOLDEN VESSELS. This is based on Daniel chapter 4 When the hand of God was writing on the wall. Please ask your mothers over 60 years old

thank you
suzi

Post by suzi » Sun Aug 05, 2012 6:44 pm

Posted: 09 Mar 2008 19:02

Currently Offline Posts: 416
I'M BACK FROM CHURCH, AND HERE ARE THE LYRICS!!

THE HEALER---BY LOIS ERWIN

1. ON THE CROSS CRUCIFIED, IN GREAT SORROW HE DIED; THE
GIVER OF LIFE WAS HE, YET MY LORD WAS DESPISED AND REJECTED OF MEN, THIS JESUS OF CALVARY

CHORUS:

HE WAS WOUNDED FOR OUR TRANSGRESSIONS, HE WAS BRUISED FOR OUR INIQUITIES, SURELY HE BORE OUR SORROWS, AND BY HIS STRIPES WE ARE HEALED!!

2. PRICE FOR HEALING WAS PAID, AS THOSE CRUEL STRIPES WERE MADE, WITH-IN PILATE'S JUDGEMENT HALL, NOW HIS SUFF-'RING AFFORD PERFECT HEALING FOR ALL, THIS WONDERFUL HEALER'S MINE

REPEAT CHORUS:

3. CAME THE LEPER TO CHRIST, SAYING "SURELY I KNOW, THAT THOU, LORD CANST MAKE ME WHOLE", WHEN HIS GREAT FAITH WAS SEEN
JESUS SAID, "YES I WILL", AND TOUCHED HIM AND MADE HIM CLEAN.

REPEAT CHORUS:

4. HE HAS HEALED MY SICK SOUL, MADE ME EV-'RY WHIT WHOLE,
AND HE'LL DO THE SAME FOR YOU, HE'S THE SAME YESTERDAY AND TODAY AND FOR AYE, THIS HEALER OF MEN TO-DAY.

REPEAT CHORUS:
pamelajr

Post by pamelajr » Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:26 am

lyrics to He was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised four our iniquity, the title and the rest of the words please

Post by Guest » Mon Jul 03, 2017 12:55 pm

Thankyou..thats so beautiful! God bless u. Marie-Louise