Missionary Hymn - If I should die upon a foreign field

This is where you can post a request for a hymn search (to post a new request, simply click on the words "Hymn Lyrics Search Requests" and scroll down until you see "Post a New Topic").

Post by Guest » Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:15 am

I've been looking for the words tothe song the sower, for years,, My mother used to play her guitar and sing in church when i was a kid. This was one of the songs she used to sing. My sister used to recite s poem at one point in the song, while mother played in the background,, I'm so glad i found this site tonite..

Post by Guest » Sat Dec 26, 2009 4:34 pm

There is no greater example of humility than the Incarnation of Christ - "I left the throne of Glory, and counted it but loss..."

Post by Guest » Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:36 am

Thank you very much for my favourite song

Post by Guest » Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:49 pm

Thank you so very much. How wonderful that God has provided a way for us to find what we need. I sang this in our church(Oak Grove Baptist church in Fletcher,Mo.) twenty some odd years ago. The book it was in has long since disappeared. I'm thrilled to find it. Thanks again. Karen

Post by Guest » Sun Mar 07, 2010 4:54 am

GOD is good I was wondering where I could find the words of this song, I knew the 1st stanza but I could not remember the other stanzas, I simply said LORD let me find the words so that I may sing this song this coming quarter in my church and I checked in all my song book I failed to get it, but thank GOD for the internet I google search and I found it may GOD bless these who have kept this web sight. Anne
[email protected]

Post by Guest » Wed Aug 25, 2010 4:43 am

Thank you Jesus! I use to listen to this song in 1980 when I was 17. I am now 47 and completely rededicated my life back to the Lord :) I am now playing all of Kelly's songs for my little baby twin girls and my sweet kindergartener. I feel so blessed to have found this sight. Youtube is also awesome for christian music. Thank you so much and God bless all of you.

Post by Guest » Thu Oct 21, 2010 3:37 am

I am a youth pastor of a HongKong Christian Alliance Church. My name is Ray. I am preparing a hymn sharing on this coming sunday teens worhsip. This is great hymn and always so encouraging to me and i am so glad this hymn is so loved by many.

Post by Guest » Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:53 pm

I remember this song since the 60'. Unfortunately, the adults that I was around sang this song to justify and wallow in their own self pity. I now recognize that Jesus said "HE came to give us abundant life", John 10. Jesus himself endured the cross because of the "joy that was set before him" Heb. 12:2. Many struggles we go through are self induced. IF this is the case then we should learn, change and overcome. If however they are things that we have no control over, we should rejoice in our situation because we know we are in His divine plan. While this song brings fond memories, I am thankful that I live in and have victory in all things.

Post by Guest » Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:54 am

thanks for the copy of the song Follow Me............... May God shower you more blessings............................

Post by Guest » Wed Apr 13, 2011 1:24 pm

I woke with this song on my mind today. I remember it from my childhood. I, as well as friends and family, are travelling down those lonely roads. These words are so helpful and a wonderful reminder of all Jesus has done, and is always doing for us. We're never alone on out journey. Easter is just two weeks away and I'm reminded again of His Sacrifice and His uncoditional love. HE IS AWESOME! Cynthia