the sun is shinning brightly

This is where you can post a request for a hymn search (to post a new request, simply click on the words "Hymn Lyrics Search Requests" and scroll down until you see "Post a New Topic").

Post by Guest » Thu Apr 21, 2016 8:40 pm

I'm from Melbourne Australia and went to Catholic primary school here in the 60's. We learned this hymn then an I always loved singing it, but over the years the words have faded from memory. Every late April and May parts of it have come back to me but never the whole hymn. Thank you so much for giving me back a beloved part of my childhood and my favorite hymn in praise of our Holy Mother.

Post by Guest » Sat May 06, 2017 7:22 am

Yes, we with hearts rejoicing is what we sang in our Church in Castlemilk, Glasgow. After I moved abroad, I sang the hymn with my children, but by that time 'gay' had taken on a new meaning. The first time I sang it to them my wee son got a bit of a shock. It was both very funny and a wee bit sad. I still sing it, love it! Thanks for this :)

Post by Guest » Mon May 29, 2017 3:02 pm

Am glad to see the lyrics of the hymn, we always sang it at St. Aloysius in Springburn, didn't know it had a third verse.

Post by Guest » Sun Jun 11, 2017 4:50 pm

I recall this hymn was sung during the war at Sr Walburges, Preston. I have not heard it since but will never forget the words and melody.