the sun is shinning brightly

This is where you can post a request for a hymn search (to post a new request, simply click on the words "Hymn Lyrics Search Requests" and scroll down until you see "Post a New Topic").
weemaw

Post by weemaw » Sat May 26, 2012 7:27 pm

And we with hearts REJOICING is what we sang at All Saints,coatdyke
Scotland

Post by Guest » Sat Aug 18, 2012 7:36 pm

Does anyone know if this hymn was recorded anywhere? I would love to download it or purchase it somehow. It was a song of the sixties in Scotland for me but also my mothers' favourite hymn. We sang it in St. Patricks' parish in Glasgow.

Post by Guest » Sat May 18, 2013 8:48 am

It is over 60 years since i first heard this hymm,i sing the first line most mornings but could never remember the full hymm,very many thanks for printing it ,it reminds me so much of times at St Rochs school.so many primary school.

Post by Guest » Sat Jul 13, 2013 9:58 am

Yes I remember, I grew up In the seventies and we sang this song in primary school with the teacher playing the piano, I think It was only played during the month of May and by the late seventies it had disapeared of the radar, dont remember the word GAY being used I wonder if political correctness put an end to this little gem.Chapleton primary 1972 Port Glasgow

Post by Guest » Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:16 am

Yes its the second one I know. Forgot some of the words. Thank you

Post by Guest » Sun May 10, 2015 12:57 pm

brilliant to see those beautiful words to our holy mother it fills me with joy wish it would come back for all our children to enjoy i remember all gathered round the may alter

Post by Guest » Fri Jun 12, 2015 8:31 am

I was delighted to find the words again of this lovely hymn.Living now in Germany it brings back memories of Holy Cross school in Glasgow in the early fifties.can anyone help me find a copy of the "Bible History " we used to read in class every Friday? A small book with occasional black and white illustrations.

Post by Guest » Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:45 am

It's funny when you do a search and discover all the people just like you who have similar memories. I loved this hymn and remember it being sung with gusto as the holidays approached

We sang 'Rejoicing' too at St Josephs' Milngavie late 1950/60s

Post by Guest » Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:48 am

I've just noticed that the words were written by a sister of Notre Dame. St Josephs Milngavie at that time had a convent of the Sisters of Notre Dame and a number of the nuns taught at the school.

Post by Guest » Sun Mar 27, 2016 9:47 am

Oh I have been remembering the refrain from this hymn for years since I sang it at the convent school in the 60s. I am so pleased to have found the all actual words.