Baptismal hymn - A Borning Song

This is where you can post a request for a hymn search (to post a new request, simply click on the words "Hymn Lyrics Search Requests" and scroll down until you see "Post a New Topic").

Post by Guest » Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:00 pm

This song was sung at my daughter's Baptism 26 years ago, and then at my granddaughter's baptism 3 years ago. It will be sung at my Grandson's baptism this October--and I, too, never get throught the song without crying!

Post by Guest » Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:01 pm

I love this hymn. I sang it with a hospital Pastor at my parent's Memorial in 1999. It is song of rebirth and a song to say just one more loving goodbye.

Post by Guest » Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:38 am

Although I like most of the song I am not real sure of the meaning of "where demons dwell" and wish it were worded differently .

Post by Guest » Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:46 pm

This song was sany at my son's confirmation. It is my favorite hymn! I think some of the wording may be a little different, but the message is the same.

Post by Guest » Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:46 am

I really need a CD of this song soon. I want it to be played for the Mother/Son dance at his wedding the end of August. Thanks for helping
Barb Wilder

Post by Barb Wilder » Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:49 am

I need this song on a CD so it can be played for the Mother/Son dance at his wedding the end of August. Thanks for letting me know.

Post by Guest » Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:41 pm

i am looking for a guitar accompaniment/music to the song. we are singing at my granddaughter's baptism after thanksgiving - thee is no piano or organ in the chapel. I love this song.

Post by Guest » Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:29 pm

We will be using this song at my father-in-law's memorial service the weekend. My husband and I both love the song, and I was relieved to read that it has the same effect on many others as it has on me. I never get through it in church without crying, sometimes to the point that I have to excuse myself. I thought I was a little strange for having such a strong reaction, but feel less so now.

Post by Guest » Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:41 pm

While making arrangements for my mother's memorial service, I wanted Amazing Grace and How Great Thou Art, because I find those songs inspirational and moving. I needed a third hymn and the minister suggested the Borning Cry. I had never heard the song before but I went with his recommendation. Oh my!!! The words are so moving and beautiful. This song is a precious, precious gift!

Post by Guest » Sun Jan 12, 2014 3:52 am

I am teaching this hymn to our congregation tomorrow. It is so beautiful and after hearing this at funeral three years ago it has grown in my heart. The lectionary listed this hymn for tomorrow's service. I think it will be well received.