The King and the beggar

This is where you can post a request for a hymn search (to post a new request, simply click on the words "Hymn Lyrics Search Requests" and scroll down until you see "Post a New Topic").

The King and the beggar

Post by Guest » Thu Dec 08, 2011 3:52 am

"A King and a Beggar" is one of the greatest treasures I have!

Rather the memories of my Dad singing it, and now, since he passed in 1994, when I share the song in both praise and my Dad's loving memory. I have no idea where Dad learned the song, but it was a signature of his, since no one else sang it. I'd love to know more too.

I have recorded this song with my group 'Berachah Valley'. [http://berachahvalley.com]

It is a humble, sweet tune. I hope more people enjoy it, and I hope I can find the proper way to credit the author, one day.

The King and the beggar

Post by Guest » Fri May 18, 2012 2:31 pm

Who wrote this song please?

The King and the beggar

Post by Guest » Sun May 20, 2012 6:21 pm

The only one I have ever heard sing The King and the Beggar is the late Evangelist Billy Kelly. It is on one of his albums.

The King and the beggar

Post by Guest » Sat May 26, 2012 4:00 am

My brother sang this song ever since I was a little girl. I am 51 and he would have been 59. but now he is singing this song for the angels. when Lefty sang this song even the most hard hearted sinner man would start to cry. I have seen it happen over and over. I sure miss him. can't wait to see him again and hear him sing it again. and the next to last and last line was
"the King and the beggar walked off hand in hand you see
the King was Jesus, the King of Kings and the lowly beggar was me." Rest in Peace my Hero...I love you
skylarstrickland

The King and the beggar

Post by skylarstrickland » Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:31 pm

The Thren Family now has a website, where y'all can go for more information, recordings, MP3 samples, lyrics, etc.

www.threnfamilymusic.com

The King and the beggar

Post by Guest » Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:19 am

Gayle Russ sings this song. It is available at [www.faithmusicmissions.org]. The album is Just an Ol' Country Boy, but you can buy the individual song as an MP3 for $0.99.

The King and the beggar

Post by Guest » Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:34 pm

I first heard it sung by Patstor Milford Ely in Tennessee in 1973.

The King and the beggar

Post by Guest » Tue Jul 15, 2014 4:43 am

I first heard this song when my uncle Jody sang it at jesus christ alive church in bakersfield california north chester and wilson please come join us but yeah and when I first heard it I almost broke out in tears and I was only like 15 or 14 years old and it brought tears to my eyes and I told my uncle if I pass before he does if he can I would like him to sing it at my feuneral and he told me the same thing

The King and the beggar

Post by Guest » Sat Aug 30, 2014 5:23 am

Joel Frigate records and sings it. He can be found on Facebook or contacted through Clays Mill Road Baptist Church at 300 Clays Mill Road Lexington, KY. Or maybe by searching Song Sparrow Recordings.

The King and the beggar

Post by Guest » Thu Jun 11, 2015 6:33 pm

I think I read somewhere that Hank Snow wrote the song A King And A Beggar