beulah land

This is where you can post a request for a hymn search (to post a new request, simply click on the words "Hymn Lyrics Search Requests" and scroll down until you see "Post a New Topic").

beulah land

Post by Guest » Wed Nov 15, 2006 6:57 pm

I have heard this song since I was very young and never understood what it meant until.......When at 32 years old when I ask Jesus to come into my heart and be my Lord. Than and just than it click with me. Now every time I hear Sweet Beulah Land I cry.

Keri Capelli

beulah land

Post by Guest » Mon Nov 20, 2006 4:44 am

After 2 months of a treacherous hospital stay, my Grandma finally jumped aboard the glory train last night. Several years ago, she asked me to sing Sweet Beulah Land at her funeral. I hesitated in learning it because of my selfishness. I felt that practicing the song was morbid. Now I am days away from fulfilling her request and am scrambling to desensitize myself to it. It's impossible. This song is certainly a tribute to those of us who will someday board the train to glory and those who have gone before us. If anyone reads this before Wednesday 22 Nov 06, please pray that God will provide me with the strength I need to sing my Grandma's last song. Thanks and God bless.
Deidre Anderson
(in loving memory of Myrtle Rose Andrews)

beulah land

Post by Guest » Wed Nov 22, 2006 1:56 am

I thank you all for posting the words, I still sing it in my mind. I've looked for it everywhere, you don't see it in "any" hymn's these days. I live in South TX. I was living in West TX between Abilene and Ft. Worth. Those little towns I was going to a nursing home and leading the singing every Sunday morning and one of the songs we sang was Sweet Beulah Land. But we were singing it from a page that had been copied from no telling where. And the notes looked different than what we see in todays music. Anyway, I plan to sing it during our Christmas Special at Church. Everyone is signing up to sing. The choir will do two or three and then everyone else will be called up according to the order they signed up. We will have several children. So I will get back to practicing the words since I hadn't sung the full song in over 3 years. Thank you again. God Bless Each And Every One Of You, Happy Thanksgiving and Merry Christmas, Eric Chapa

beulah land

Post by Guest » Fri Feb 16, 2007 8:25 pm

Hello,
There is this song I used to sing in my childhood titled "There is a Land of Corn and Wine" (Beulah Land). I believe this song was taken from the "Church Hymnal" of 1940. Here it is:

Beulah Land (There is a Land of Corn and Wine)

There is a land of Corn and wine,
And all its joys will soon be mine;
There shines undimmed one blissful day,
for earth's dark night has passed away.

My Savior then will walk with me;
O sweet communion that will be!
He"ll gently lead me by the hand,
In that celestial, happy land.

A sweet perfume upon the breeze,
Will come from ever vernal trees,
And flowers that never fading grow,
W(h)ere streams of life forever flow.

The zephyrs then will laden be
with sounds of sweetest melody,
As angels, with the ransomed throng
Join in the sweet redemption song.

Refrain:
O Beulah Land! Sweet Beulah Land!
Upon thy heights I long to stand,
And view the radiant jasper sea,
And mansions fair, prepared for me,
And find on that eternal shore
My heaven my home, forever more.

Hope this helps. Alex Negrillo

beulah land

Post by Guest » Tue Apr 03, 2007 3:20 am

June 2006 Question: does any one in here happen to know where i can find the lyrics to dwelling in beulah land in spanish?

Response: If you have not yet found your lyrics, I'm sure Barby could help you. Here's the link to her site: http://www.allthelyrics.com/forum/engli ... glish.html
beegee6770

beulah land

Post by Guest » Fri Jun 22, 2007 1:46 pm

Love Beulah land, the one that is actually "I'm dwelling in Beulah Land" an old Methodist hymn, with the exclamation of "Praise God!" after the first line of the chorus.

Then there's the Squire Parson's song. I do the old Methodist song really cheerfully and quickly with a beat on my harmonica, you can dance to it, my nephew used to dance when I played it for him when he was 3 (now he's 25).

We want to do Sweet Beulah land, the slow one, Parson's song, in church. Please pray I can slip in the old Methodist song and liven things up. I can do it really really fast on the harmonica and it is so cheerful. I think it will lighten hearts. By the way, my name is Valerie, people call me just Val. I play harmonica now in a little bluegrass band in church. I only know about 10 songs or so. I broke my finger 20 years ago and couldn't play guitar over vacation so I learned harmonica, 20 years ago. I've kind of gotten away from playing the guitar now and just really only play harmonica in public. Maybe that's a good thing cuz I type all day at work. One of the players in our band is Kip H. and he was in the ICU this past winter for 6 weeks with a VP shunt problem. He still has the shunt. He plays banjo. Pastor leads singing, is a wonderful loud tenor, so good, plays guitar. Dale H. plays guitar too. There is a guy in my apt. complex who came to church once and may come back, he's black, plays a lot of blues. He likes to play lead, his name is Avery, and his girlfriend, Heather (she happens to be white), is in jail right now for credit card stealing, but Heather is a believer. She just sort of ooopsed. Anyway, please pray for Avery and Heather to get married if it is the Lord's will and for Avery maybe to play with our band in some sort of capacity at church. Ours is an all white Southern Baptist church, we need a little soul. I'm from Detroit originallhy and grew up listening to CKLW from Canada and Diana Ross and the Supremes and the Temptations, and even though I am white, I can croon just like Mahalia Jackson, scares the heck out of some white people like it used to scare my mother. I used to be Episcopalian but I am a born again Mennonite-Baptist, went overseas to Haiti as a Mennonite missionary-secretary for a year in 1988-89.

God Bless, thanks for your prayers. My pastor's name is Chad, his wife's name is Angela.

beulah land

Post by Guest » Wed Feb 06, 2008 9:02 pm

I'm looking for the lyric's and music for the hymn Homesick for Heaven

beulah land

Post by Guest » Wed Feb 13, 2008 12:48 am

The first anniversary of my mother's passing was Feb 10th, this past Sunday, but I was determined to attend church regardless of my sadness. Lo and behold, a soloist got up and sang my mom's very favorite song: Sweet Beulah Land. I am still in shock. I really feel like it was her message to me to say "I'm here in Sweet Beulah Land and you should see it!"

In Loving Memory of Vernice Uhlmann

beulah land

Post by Guest » Thu Feb 14, 2008 1:57 am

thanks for the lyrics and the websutes.
leslie elmore

beulah land

Post by Guest » Sun Mar 30, 2008 10:00 pm

In Loving Memory of Vergie Lee Galloway 12-5-1923 to 3-18-08

i love you grandma i am glad took you out of your awful pain we played this song like you wanted us to you are missed greatly i hope to one day be up there with you but first i must turn my life over to God like you would want me to i am working on changing my life style i love you

Love your granddaughter,
Britttany (sweetie)